Information Technology Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the exam?

• 1 - Easy as

Votes: 5 15.6%

Votes: 15 46.9%

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 4 - Very hard

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

cjwrighty25

Look Out HSC! Here I come
HSC
I just wanted peoples input on the Information Technology Exam

I personally thought it wasn't that hard. Not real problems.

How did u go?

darenwilko

HSC
Hey yeah i thought the same. compaired to some of the past papers i looked through im really glad with how the paper was...

the only bit i had a bit of trouble with was the library database question, where they asked to order by 'Due_Date'
i wasn't sure whether to go by ascending or descending...

what did u do?

alsha89

HSC
I found the exam pretty easy overall. Although i wasn't expeecting it to be hard anyway. There were one or two questions which made me think but nothing major.
Does anyone have their answers to the multiple choice questions?
Mine are:
1. C
2. A
3. D
4. B
5. B
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. C -> wasn't sure about this one???
10. B
11. D
12. D
13. C -> also didn't know this one really.
14. B but i wanted to put D too.
15. C but was considering D also?

alsha89

HSC
i wasn't sure about that, i did ascending though.

alsha89

HSC
Also, which questions did people choose for the extended response? I did 20 and 21.

bizadfar

HSC
alsha89 said:
I found the exam pretty easy overall. Although i wasn't expeecting it to be hard anyway. There were one or two questions which made me think but nothing major.
Does anyone have their answers to the multiple choice questions?
Mine are:
1. C
2. A
3. D
4. B
5. B
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. C -> wasn't sure about this one???
10. B
11. D
12. D
13. C -> also didn't know this one really.
14. B but i wanted to put D too.
15. C but was considering D also?
I got:

1.C
2.A
3.B (wasnt really sure)
4.B
5.B
6.A
7.B
8.B(no idea)
9.C
10.B
11.D
12.D
13.C
14.D
15.C

Some answers were some ambiguous, like Q15. Same shit, but to the dumbass IT marker i think C is right. It's not really designed to be overwritten though.

I ran a little short on time with the reports. PLus that 4mark question telephone vs fax, i will probably get 1 or 2 for it.

I did Q21 and Q22. i didnt bother with Q20 because OH&S stuff ALWAYS slips straight out of my head.

Last edited:

darenwilko

HSC
Yeah i did ascending too...

hope that was right :)

umm...

oh yeah the last questions i did question 20 and 22 thought they were pretty good.
timed the exam perfectly put my pen down jus b4 he said stop.

alsha89

HSC
yeah same, although for some reason the multiple choice and short answer seemed to take a lot longer than i'd planned for. not that they were really bad i just had to think about what the best answer would be.

Last edited:

dave197

HSC
i got

1.c
2.a
3.d
4.b
5.b
6.a
7.b
8.d
9.a
10.b
11.a
12.c
13.b
14.b
15.c

HSC
1.C
2.A
3.D
4.B
5.B
6.A
7.B
8.B
9.A
10.B
11.D
12.D
13.B
14.A
15.C

Short answer questions were pretty good exept that 1 where u had to number the things in order
Long answer ones i bullshitted my way out of there also wasnt enough time i did qu20 and wrote 11 pages and qu22 and wrote 2 booklets
Pretty happy though!:)

cburch88

HSC
Lol Alsh, there was only one i wasnt sure about.... cant remember it now ill find it later. Overall pretty good - MC were easier than most years, SA were really good, tho messy coz i had writing everywhere. i did 20 and 22 - they were definately better than previous years extended responses - i didnt cringe when reading them!!
13 empty folders, 22 sets of dividers with nothing left to divide, a recycling bin full of paper, and IM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alsha89

HSC
cburch88 said:
Lol Alsh, there was only one i wasnt sure about.... cant remember it now ill find it later. Overall pretty good - MC were easier than most years, SA were really good, tho messy coz i had writing everywhere. i did 20 and 22 - they were definately better than previous years extended responses - i didnt cringe when reading them!!
13 empty folders, 22 sets of dividers with nothing left to divide, a recycling bin full of paper, and IM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice work candy. Have fun tonight!!

dave197

HSC
when can we expect to get the actual answers, i remember gen maths was like an hour after the exam lol

taouk69

HSC
hey so so u really do IT what are ur plans in the future is it a it career

blazing09

HSC
N/A
I do IPT and my teacher says that when the ORDER BY does not mention ASC or DESC its by default ASC... Well i was wondering what people got for Section II where it says to choose which supplier would be best for the company to choose from, like i was reading each supplier with confusion one company had the exact model number for the catridge and so on and the others were like compaitble ones and so... so i thought to myself that the only way the company will purchase the catridges from the supplier would be from a financial approach, it had to be cost effective and such regardless of whether it should be the exact model or a compatible one but at a cheaper price... and im confused which ones right... because like i dnt think, logically speaking that Kim would choose suppliers to get quotes from if its not a product that is needed by the IT Department and want purchased....

Someone help....

Ohhh yeah the test i found pretty easy just shifty lolz... a lil unexpected for IT, TRIALS were way easier.... and they say TRIALS are meant to be harder... total crap!!!

greatapoc

HSC
blazing09 said:
I do IPT and my teacher says that when the ORDER BY does not mention ASC or DESC its by default ASC... Well i was wondering what people got for Section II where it says to choose which supplier would be best for the company to choose from, like i was reading each supplier with confusion one company had the exact model number for the catridge and so on and the others were like compaitble ones and so... so i thought to myself that the only way the company will purchase the catridges from the supplier would be from a financial approach, it had to be cost effective and such regardless of whether it should be the exact model or a compatible one but at a cheaper price... and im confused which ones right... because like i dnt think, logically speaking that Kim would choose suppliers to get quotes from if its not a product that is needed by the IT Department and want purchased....

Someone help....
Well there was one supplier that didn't have a cartridge compatible with the printer in question so that ruled that one out. There was another one that did have the cartridge but it was a non-original, remanufactured one that printed less pages and didn't include a cleaning kit or postage in the cost. The best supplier cost $50 more than the other one but printed more than double the pages, had free postage and included a cleaning kit.

blazing09

HSC
N/A
Well i kinda remember abit from each supplier the first one was 20000 pages at $140+ something the second one was 12000 at a price of $65 plus $15 postage and handling and the other one was like 8000 for $99 plus $15 postage and handling now if i recall the first one had the exact match in the catridge model something something LAN to it and the second one was CC2000 compaitble with any sister models of the CC2000 models and the last one i dnt remember... so outta the three which one did anyone choose? cause like if ya do a mistake here u do a mistake in the other question below it and it was outta 4 marks... but theres a continuation on the next page relating to it - the purchase order form... but i guess it wont affect it because like its just showing how well u can fill out a purchase order form if im correct? and yeah as a standard they had to purchase 5 catridges per order... so yeah iuno... if dat helps

HSC
i chose the 1st one cause it was from the actual manufacturer its self and not re-manufactured like the one below it and the one to its left wasnt the rite cartridge.

any1 else find that numbering one hard where u had to number in order that shit i think it was 4 getting more supplies or sumthn i 4get...i just guessd that it was way ova my head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)