Section 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your general thoughts and views of Section 2 (Q2).

Was it what you prepared for? How did you find the question?

Tim035

HSC
First!!

OMG this was SOOOO good. My prepared story was a first person reccount which fitted the opening sentence so well, I wrote 12 pages (I will admit I have preety big hand writing) But I'm just thrilled with this.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I wrote 8 pages for the creative writing, I had to speed it up too because time was running out. Missed out ALOT of detail I had in prepared story, but generally I fit it around the opening quote. I guess I'm happy, but I'm not entirely confident it's good.. perceives a journey well though at the least.

My really wicked twist in the ending also had to be reformed because of the question :(

Tim035

HSC
yeah I just realised, I didn't conform a lot to the whole idea of a journey of discovery. Well indirectly I did as the persona learns a lot about themselves but I'm not sure if the marker will pick up on that.

Scotaay

HSC
N/A
Give a man a beer who ever came up with that beginning, mine was planned to be a story on a vietnam vet who revisits his mates graves, with a twist in the story...

Fitted in perfectly couldn't be happier with it.

lilcavie

HSC
that stuffed up my planned story and i spent days making it up and omg.. it was perfect and with that start.. well i couldn't fit it in.. darnt that was fuked up.
dont worry tim i don't think i did the whole journey of discovery thing that good.

Guernica

HSC
This was my favourite section of them all. But the question made my story kind of dodgy.. because the beginning they gave us was from the wrong point of view than the one I organised. Which screwed it up a bit. And I had to change the story line a little, but I still managed to get a lot of my prepared story in.. so I wasn't sitting there thinking of sentences that would sound good.

I was pretty happy with it. :)

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
I still can't believe how brilliantly it fitted with my story. My original opening line was only a few words off. Well, not really, but still. :D

Mine was a story about a man visiting his father on his deathbed. Morbid, no? =P I'm glad they provided an opening line with such a broad range of possible applications. :)

Mumma

HSC
The opening line was in third person, so i started out with it, put speech marks and wrote in first person :D
So I just put my entire story in speech marks. Then I wrote in the end about how he died or something in a war. :rofl:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What WAS the first sentence may I ask, mum is stressing about my brother, and wants to see the exam now, now now!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
LOVED it. just swap the gender of the narrating character and add in some nice depressing descriptions of this old man revealing his hidden past to his daughter the day before he died...and voila! it was more or less a story i had prepared coz it fit the quote really well. i didnt have time to include all the symbolism but i got most of it in, and may i say that i created a nice 'full circle' effect too... hopefully i actually get marks that reflect what i feel...which is fantastic!!!!

Mumma

HSC
"He told me one last story. He used his aged, ruined voice like an old man's hands to pick the lock on his past..." :confused:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Mumma said:
"He told me one last story. He used his aged, ruined voice like an old man's hands to pick the lock on his past..." :confused:
thank oo

Lori.

HSC
thank god i didnt have a planned story =P
I only wrote 3 or maybe 4 pages for this and saved myself an extra 15 minutes for the essay. I wrote about planning to take my dying grandfather out of the hospital back to where he grew up, but he died before we left, but he like died with a smile on his face lol it was so gay.... of course i used some techniques, so hopefully i'll get a decent mark, and yes - although that sounds ridiculous - I made the inner journey evident, so hopefully i'll get maybe 11 or 12 :)

nallask8r

HSC
ya just incorporated that extract by having an old man tell the story to others, so they might 'discover' earlier than he.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
LOVED it. just swap the gender of the narrating character and add in some nice depressing descriptions of this old man revealing his hidden past to his daughter the day before he died...and voila! it was more or less a story i had prepared coz it fit the quote really well. i didnt have time to include all the symbolism but i got most of it in, and may i say that i created a nice 'full circle' effect too... hopefully i actually get marks that reflect what i feel...which is fantastic!!!!
Man, we practically wrote the same thing. Except mine had a son instead of a daughter and the father had spent some time being a pirate. I also got to make an obscure reference to Monkey Island 2 at one point. :D

sideshowtim

HSC
It threw what I planned out the window. That stupid bloody question. I sorta tried and fit my story to the question and I think I did okay but I don't think it was a very rivetting story. God damn.

Mumma

HSC
Thade said:
Man, we practically wrote the same thing. Except mine had a son instead of a daughter and the father had spent some time being a pirate. I also got to make an obscure reference to Monkey Island 2 at one point. :D
monkey island 2?? haha you champion, that game kicked my ass. lol @ father being a pirate.

It doesn't have to be third person, it just says "he".
Well actually you are right, but for my story, it woulnt work that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)