Section 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your thoughts of Section 1 (Q1).

How did you go? Were the questions what you were expecting? How did you find the texts?

Tim035

HSC
Can someone verify that I interpreted the poem correctly.
I assumed that whilst we thought all the things she was doing in the central part of the poem she was actually doing, in the end paragraph we discover that these are actually imaginative journeys through experiences she's had reading books.

Other then that the photos and text were easy enough to make an assumption on journey about. And text two was easy enough to analyse.

Overall though I felt this section really vantaged those who did inner journey, I mean the whole 'personal aspect of the journey' thing is very much inner journey.

Mumma

HSC
I think i failed. What the FUCK was the poem about.

I assumed that whilst we thought all the things she was doing in the central part of the poem she was actually doing, in the end paragraph we discover that these are actually imaginative journeys through experiences she's had reading books.
Yeah thats what I kind of put in as well. But other than that, what else could you talk about??

Ah fuck it. I think that was my worst english exam ever. :confused:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I wrote something about the poem like, she is isolated on a farm and has these hopes and dreams she is achieving via the books. Since she is so lonely etc

Think I fucked it.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I do phsyical journeys and I really screwed section one up. I would be surprised if I get more than 8/15.

For the last question, did you repeat what you put in previous questions?

What techniques did you talk about?

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Yea it was fine, I almost stuffed up question1 when I thought it said "photographs" when he actually said "photographers" lol
I hope 13+

lilcavie

HSC
well if u fuked it i did as well. i rabbled on about how she was isolated on a farm and she wishes she could travel.. blah blah...

totally fuked up the last question but.. ran out of time and just scribbled everything down that i could think of.. so going to fail.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Mumma said:
I think i failed. What the FUCK was the poem about.

Yeah thats what I kind of put in as well. But other than that, what else could you talk about??

Ah fuck it. I think that was my worst english exam ever. :confused:
I bullshat all over Section one.

^^^Bad imagery. :D

At least the story excerpt was easy to interpret, as well as the photographic record. I'm holding the paper right now, and even with the might of the internet, I still can't interpret it. I'm screwed as it's probably really easy and obvious. =P

Edit: I also went on about the farm and stuff. :)

Guernica

HSC
Ugh, i hated section I. I thought it was the worst section of them all. Bad texts that I didn't understand and annoying questions :(

mrviper89

HSC
section 1 was crap the poem was out of this world and little to do with journey they made it challenging to interpret this time oh well time to chuck out paper 1 stuff

Tim035

HSC
ROFL yeah I read it as photographs and wrote my answer and then realised it said photographers, read my answer and realised it still made sense so I just added ers onto the end of photograph. Meh what was that 1 mark at the worse

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i loved this exam in general, but i HATED this particular section of it. i fucked up so bad on the bloody photo thing...wtf was that about? i hate visual texts *cry* i think i got about 10 to 12 out of 15. the poem was ok, the prose, ok, but the photo!!! waaaaaah. and that shit about nomads and soldiers at the bottom of it. i do physical journeys and i still didnt really understand it... so yeah this section made me feel and look like a stupid rambling person. thank god for the rest of it.

Lori.

HSC
I read that poem three times during the reading time and i was so confused because i thought the question asked about the 'Girls' not 'Girl's' so i was like "what girls????" lol "theres only one girl here" duh

Other than that, i think i did alright on that section. I may have lost a couple of marks because I'm totally confusing sometimes lol

Boots Riley

HSC
The poem was easy, its the question about text two I didn't like.

I didn't really know what to say. Other than that the Section I wasn't bad.

Tim035

HSC
Lol of course it was on a farm, didn't you utilise the fact that she bought her imaginative journey into her real life through the similie she used to describe the eyes of the Ewes "Yellow alien eyes cold as a frost leopard" or something like that.

nallask8r

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
For the last question, did you repeat what you put in previous questions?
That's precisely what i did, they cant mark you down...i spent way too long on section 1...thought it was much harder than past papers and trials. Amassed 7 (or 8) pages all up for comprehension but would be happy with 11/15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)