General Thoughts: English Paper 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts and opinions of the 2006 English AOS exam.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?
Overall, how did you go and how did you find the exam as a whole?

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
Slayed. Haha, that opening sentance for the creative writing totally loused up my plan. That sucked. In all the past exams i did, the stimulus material for the creative writing pretty much left it up to the individual to manipulate the story around the stimulus provided.... i had to turn my ultra cool story about space pirates into some boring autobiography about some old geezers life. That kinda sucked.

Apart from that i think i went alright ay... kinda disapointed that there wasn't and individual question based soley on a visual text in section one, but i guess thats the way it goes!

suzieee

HSC
OMG!! I thought it was great... my creative writing fitted PERFECTLY.... soooo happy.... prob wont get too good a mark, but as long as i improve on my trial mark of 43 I'll be happy :p

Happy Happy Happy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lori.

HSC
It was so good :) I'm so relieved!!
I'm so proud of my essay, I wish I could get it back, it was brilliant :) I did save an extra 15 mins on my creative writing for the essay tho, but I'm not good at creative writing, so that section was about as good as it would get for me anyways.

Boots Riley

HSC
Wasn't too bad.

Can't really think about. Certainly an improvement over all my past exams me thinks.

=)

Edit: By the way, I thought we were allowed to take the question booklet? The Exam Nazi wouldn't let me take it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im pretty happy!!! :D the first bit was crapola but i never like that section so thats nothing new. the creative ROCKED!!! it was seriously exactly the right thing for me to use a story i'd already done...alll i had to do was make the character old and male instead of twenty three and female. and the essay was also quite the good one... ohhh yeah physical journeys *victory dance*

i am so ready to go and burn all my skrzynecki notes now. oh and rub some feeling back into my arm! i was writing faster than i ever have in my life, i hope they can read it (it looks like the scrawl on a prescription lol).

one down haha :D

stbrob

HSC
Generaly good, i hated the short answers, but the creative was fine and the the Essay question was exactly what i wanted. It was seriously one of the best the question i could have been asked, GOOD LUCK FOR MONDAY :)

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Generally it was a good exam, I hope for 40/45 (not like ill ever know) but yea was a fair paper

How many pages did you guys end up writing overall? I did 25 ( 9, 7,9 )

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Generally I thought it was alright, I was glad section 3 was an essay but found it hard to adapt my story to section 2. Overall I'm pretty happy with the paper.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Section 1 was so much harder than usual I found.. but I reckon I did very well
Section 2 I didn't link at the start but I used the quote as a basis :S not at the very start of the piece, but I liked my story, hopefully I don't get pulled down too much
Section 3 was okay

Last edited:

poopoohead

HSC
unseen texts- generally ok. i dont think i wrote enough for one of these 3 marker questions- explain significance of landscape... or whatever it was

creative writing- i didnt leave enough time for it, but i managed to adapt my pre-prepared story well (except for the ending)

and the essay on imaginative journeys i thought was really good. i think i did really well- i hope.

i wrote like 24 pages all up? (6,7,11)

Armic

HSC
biggie walls said:
I thought the paper sucked especially the creative writing and the question for imaginative journeys
My exacts thoughts... I wasn't impressed with the intro of the creative and I just hated the imaginative journey essay, they could of picked a better rubric term than just 'Speculation'. Section one was decent but nothing that great.

AoS has always been the worst one for me... Time to forget I ever learnt it and get ready for the Modules.

stasiamez89

HSC
hmm... the paper was good. I won't say great but it was better then my nightmares predicted. I really didn't like section one, the pieces were bland and my brian under stress couldn't locate that many LFFs but hey. The creative writing rocked it fitted my piece so well... as for the essay the question was good and my answer was hmm.... not as great as id hoped but better then i thought. And now to the modules... my arch nemesis

xxxx8888

HSC
the size of my writing is average but i noticed half way through my essay (i started my essay first) that my writing was massive. haha. it was because of the huge spaces between the lines and i was trying to fill it up without realising. kind of.

anyway.

yeah, i agree with Armic. question was dodgy for imaginative journeys. it was kind of difficult to answer the question. oh well. 10 pages.

hahaha, creative was funny as. when i read over my creative i couldn't help smiling because it was pretty lame. if they didn't give us that sentence to start off with it wouldn't have been. 7 pages.

short answer q's were okay. i had 40 min for that. 5-6 pages i think. hahaha. but i made sure i wrote enough for the marks.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
DAmmit, i thought HSC was supposed to be easier than trials!

Comprehension was screwed.

Creative was OK

Essay was screwed.

-P_D

sideshowtim

HSC
Well I'm kind of stressing. Compared to other exams I've had this year, this was harder. I always do this though, I always stress and I think I done poorly so I'm worrying for nothing I hope...

I seemed to be the only person in my school who argued against the Imaginative journeys question...

sexymegsie

HSC
I remembered my journeys essay word for word so i didnt have to waste time thinking, lol. all i did was add a few sentences here and there to relate it back to the question. not too sure how i went in the unseen texts or the creative writing though. pretty confident i passed. have to wait and see... good luck in the other exams guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)