"Interperatation of the NEW" PHYSICAL WTF?!?! (1 Viewer)

oh2sxc

HSC
OK, stressin out a lil bit... i think i might of interperated the question the wrong way... can someone give me a run down on what they did?

coldasice

Banned
uniqytsgfdgfrytyrtr princdtrffytryt diafhgfjhgjkjk
HSC
I seriously WTF'd in my head when I read the question during reading time.
I read over it like 10 times, and still didn't understand the fucking question.

so then I just wrote my generic essay, completely ignoring the question :D
prolly get 10/15 :mad1:

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
read it, blanked out. swore under my breath.

the wrote: physical journeys is about the interpretation of the new, which would ultimately lead to a greater understanding of oneself and their identity after overcoming obstacles and challenges. (something along the lines)

smack in prepared essays and mention something about interpretating the new for a greater emotional understanding....

random crap. i dunno WHY it was that questions. it is stupid. but it will worked alrite for me. i just hope they like it............

HSC
i went on about learning new/different things on every journey, and that it helps you understand a what your life is about...i was making up crap in the intro and then ignored it, until i got to the conclusion..

Dr_Doom

HSC
Exphate said:
The way I attacked it.

My thesis was "PJs extend ......in ways not just of a physical nature"

Then i answered the question by saying, Ok so this is the extension that was made, and it was made by having an open mind in relation the new things resulting from the journey.
Yeah that's what I did. I studied The Road not Taken like the last week, then ended up writing about Wind in the Willows!!!

I basically said you discover new things on journeys which lead to new experiences. I didn't really argue a point. lol

toiletduck88

HSC
What i dont get is all the people saying that the Phys. Journey question was hard... That was my area of study and I thought that it fitted in fine, you either strongly agreed with the statement or you slightly agreed (that is you say yes BUT i also think bla bla bla...) or you dont think that it is about the new at all. when relating this back to my text "Away - Michael Gow" you simply had to mention yes it is about the new but also the old eg. Gwen and the realisation of her family meaning more to her yadda yadda yadda Tom taking the NEW perspective of his life into account and wanting to live it to the fullest eg begging meg to get jiggy and coral with her acceptance of the past but realisation of her life etc etc etc more or less yadda yadda one thing for sure IM GLAD ITS OVER!!!:D
Bring on the wilfred owen ahahahaha
goodluck to all you guys for the rest of your exams... and i told you that memorising paaages and paaages of narrative would suck crapola
mwahahahaha i think i kicked ass in that paper

oh2sxc

HSC
~Sw33ti3~ said:
read it, blanked out. swore under my breath.

the wrote: physical journeys is about the interpretation of the new, which would ultimately lead to a greater understanding of oneself and their identity after overcoming obstacles and challenges.
i love you i love you i love you i love you hahah

thats exactly what i did and kept referring to the question... hooray if you fucked it then i fucked it :) hehe

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i really had no clue what it was saying.

after reading the question once i interpretted it as saying:
"the point of moving around is so you can explain the meaning of things that are recent"

after reading it a few more times....well things didnt seem to get any clearer so i just started writing my prepared essay with a few added "...it becomes clear that such and such is a new person", "they develop a new relationship which was unlike their previous one." "...was renewed as a result of journey."

i think i did alright considering i still dont have a clue what the question was asking.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i had no idea lol
read the question that many times.
i seriously cant really remember what i wrote...
used robert frost to say that the interpretation of the new is what determines which path we'll take... blah blah lol and somehow rambled about how in crossing the red sea the ocean caused them to open up or something...

ahahahaha...no joke...the essay would be about 5/15...if that.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
the question wasnt that hard..... you either agreed with the statement saying that "physical journeys are about interpreting the new", that is basically saying that you you are evaluating yourself after undertaking the journey... and then put forward your argument....
or you said "physical journeys are NOT about interpreting the new", and then saying that a physical journey is about looking back in retrospect and comparing yourself to before you set out on the journey...so infact the physical journey is about interpreting the old. blah blah blah...

I only realised that i would have personally been able to argue more strongly about the second one after the exam was over and i was discussing it with a friend... but meh,,,, i also looked at the question and went WTF,,, but then realised that it wasnt too bad,
hoping for more than 10/15 for section 3.... :)
overall the paper wasnt as hard as i thought it would be... they let us write in any format we wanted WOOT! no annoying journal entries!! :D

Jesseo

HSC
:bomb: I cant believe the question:eek: .. it was so hard the first 50times i read over it:confused: .. Then i realised that its your interperatation of new and the way we as well as the characters in your texts relate to the physical journey being undertaken. I then went on to say that to do this the composer uses techniques to help us interperte the new experiences that was happening.
Overall i think i did ok.. However thats easy to say i guess ill see when my marks come back.. Just glad its ova

Fetus Baby

HSC
I believe I screwed up, could somone help. I disagreed.

My basic arguement was along the lines of: it's impossible that in journeys some thing is "more" than anything else. That journeys are purely subjective and that you can't expect anything, two people embarking on the same journey will interpret the journey differently. Then i also used this quote "Journey's, like artists, are born not made. A thousand circumstances contribute to them, few are willed, or determined by will -whatever we may think." Then i just talked abotu techniques and they're effects etc.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know whether i screwed up or not, just form that.

zedzed

HSC
yea i still CANNOT believe we were given that question. if we had been given a less specific question i'm sure i could've gotten 14/15 quite easily. but right now i'll be lucky to get a 12. :(

boz.

HSC
yeh my entire year was pretty much like that.. i spent most of the reading time trying to figure out what the hell it meant and still dont really get it!

seriously, of all the questions you could write about journeys, you'd think they could come up with something a little easier to write about!!

so i just disagreed with it haha.

wytcpl

HSC
the question had, tacked on before it, "more than anything else..."

so i argued that this is not a valid statement, because the journey encompassed far more which was of equal importance (experiences, impacts upon the traveler etc)

wrote my generic essay, modified it to read, "it is the experiences had during the journey that shape the new, and erase the old" or something along those lines. 13 ftw!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
It was a easy and adaptable question. You had to talk about the impact of the journey on the individual. Example: does the journey act as a catalyst for change? does it allows one to gain a deeper insight about themselves and others? does the journey allow one to learn more about something? Eg. various opportunies as shown in Crossing the Red Sea.

mattyh.180sx

HSC
i didn't really get that question at first i had to read it a heap of times to understand it, i wrote something like dis heres an example "physical journeys are more than anything because life is full of journeys and journey can takes us exploring parts of the world and journey is more than anything because it can change who we are and what we think of ourselves and journey can bring the best and worst out of us". yeah i wrote stuff like dat in tha essay, i think i continuously linked it bak to tha question, i did dat everytime i finished explaining tha quote and wat effect it does. you reckon continously linkin bak to question after every quote is a good thing? or do you only do that when you are writing the last few sentences for the text your discussing? :confused:

carreau

HSC
I disagreed with the question, when it stated the important of the new. I said, that an interpretation of the journey which draws upon notions and underlying assumptions from the journey from many different ages, provides a wider and more accurate understanding of the journey than the new does alone.

vnblueberry

HSC
i wanna know
how many people read the question
and thought the question sound incomplete

for reference again
"more than anything else, physical journeys are about the interpretation of the new". i was creating random words after "new" like "lessons" and "challenges". when i read it, i honestly was about to ask the advisor if there was a typo. to this day and hopefully for the rest of my life, i wont understand it .. nor do i want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)