What did you end up writing about anyway? Prepared or unprepared? (1 Viewer)

What did you end up writing about anyway? Prepared or unprepared?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Your creative writing focus. Prepared or unprepared?

Your creative writing focus. Prepared or unprepared?

Edit: Shit! "Eventually going to die" can be combined with "died beforehand". Mod edit plz?

kimsquared said:
there should be a poll on this section 2
Here it is. Excuse my crappy phrasing. Tired. Thankfully, you guys are smart enough to work it out. ;) Apologies in advance for repeats, but its good to check this out visually (restrictive stimulus anyway).

To start off, this is my main summary of my creative writing piece: (about 'parasite singles'; feature article)

20 year old tries to wake up from bed (age not specified in story though, shit! oh setting: kowloon, hong kong) -> struggles to get up -> realizes its 2:15PM -> gets up and contemplates about whether to finish off his 'visual novel' or finish his jigsaw puzzle next to the PC on his desk -> dropped the box -> picks up the pieces but finds a few were missing -> wind blows up the curtains high and he takes a glimpse of the scenary -> overwhelmed by the natural greenness of central park -> sees kids playing soccer in a distance -> reminisces his childhood dream to play soccer -> dream cannot be realized to due to his obesity -> the background story of his obesity, merely following his mum's orders as she is completely paranoid (and a bit mental - you see, divorced crazy asian mother. blames miscreants of society for influencing her ex-hubbie. woooooooo. crazy bitch) -> basically, he fell into a sedentary lifestyle, and barely ate any home-cooked food -> bitches about society as he was 'forced' into a seclusive life - not undergoing any education, employment or training -> blast from a horn jolts him back to reality -> sees one of the missing jigsaw pieces stuck between the apartment wall and his desk -> cannot reach for the piece as he was too fat -> finally had some motivation to lose some weight. done. i used the quote supplied as a window to tell his last most personal stories. old elderly men are feeble anyway...

Edit2: Removing sig and renamed title to fit my shitty phrasing - too bad it doesn't edit the url title...

Last edited:

sideshowtim

HSC
Okay, tried to do something a bit different with my story. Had a journalist who was forced against his will to go to the local retirement village and to cover "Oldies week" the party week for the elderly. He is cynical about this and starts talking to this last bloke before he leaves, his "last story" if you will. Anyway, after I crap on a bit I reveal that the old man was born with 2 left feet. Literally. He tells the journalist about his love for dancing, and that he always dreamed of becoming a dancer. He overcame obstacles and discovered what he was made of after being kicked out of dancing schools for breaking things and then finally entering a dancing competition after years of practicing in his garage (which he eventually lost), he comes to the conclusion that it wasn't winning that was important, it was the self discovery involved in his difficult journey. The journo leaves with a rather more optimistic and happy nature in contrast to when he entered.

Basically tried to show that journeys can transform our feelings, allow us to achieve greater discovery of ourselves (as was the focus) and we can overcome obstacles through them. Sounds pretty stupid but I tried to do something different at least and alot of my story was based around humour so hopefully the marker has a sense of humour.

Last edited:

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
i had a prepared story about a girl leaving her homeland to journey to america in wourld war 2. i had a few lines originally about her father sending her away and i expanded on that in the quote so it fit perfectly.

i tried to do all journys in the story - inner cause she was scared but had to be brave
imagianry - dream sequence
physical - on a boat

B35tY

HSC
i had a prepared story, so i made it the grandpa telling a girl one 'last story' before bedtime.

After that, insert generic creative.

P

pLuvia

Prepared, luckily in mine I had two stories going on at once, and manipulated it to suit the question

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
prepared....
had it as the father telling the daughter to move on with life *due to some issue*, retold a stori of the mothers' life when the mother got into the same sit... the prepared was a female, just wrote it, and added after it how father recalled it word for word, just how mother would have told him. that shit to make sure the mother was telling her story through father...

then realisation... fitted ^^

Drunkspleen

HSC
Hehe, well the whole quote reminded me of Deckard Cain from diablo so I ended up going with the story within a story approach and having a dude playing diablo, but it's all treated as real, and then his hardcore character gets pwned and he rages about it.

I'm really not sure how I will do, but I'm hoping the markers will appreciate my somewhat more humerous story mixed in amongst stacks and stacks of dying grandparents /shrug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)