General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

gamecw

HSC
section 1 was really bad for me... man i cudnt fall asleep last night(slept 2 hrs frustration), so was really really tired during exam... it took me so long to read a single paragraph =S and what was with the cartoon and poem... man i guess i just suck..

anways section 2 was awsome- essay!! =) not frikin interviews and sh** anways i did like 6 pages.. time was a problem at the end..

how did everyone else go???

and what was the purpose and the metaphor in the poem??

Last edited:

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Re: First Post!

Comprehension is easy. Just the bit about visual features and dialogue that create humour in the cartoon. I mean the cartoon is not funny at all.

There are at least two metaphors in the poem and they are obvious.

Why can't we do the exam in the hall like everyone else (Advance and Standard) but have to be in a small hot noisy squashy room?

followme

HSC

I found section one hard, esp that last question for text one and the magazine article we hav to create, bs all the way... screwed man!! however, section 2 was soooo straight forward, but mine was sooo pedestrian.. Guess everyone did well in that part. i think i should stop procrastinating and focus on paper 2 now..

Last edited:

followme

HSC

man, compare with standard/advance forum, here is so deserted...

gamecw

HSC

XcarvengerX said:
Comprehension is easy. Just the bit about visual features and dialogue that create humour in the cartoon. I mean the cartoon is not funny at all.

There are at least two metaphors in the poem and they are obvious.

Why can't we do the exam in the hall like everyone else (Advance and Standard) but have to be in a small hot noisy squashy room?
if u did well in section one, then im pretty uve just toped the state... =) good luck with paper 2 man

HSC
Q1 is ok.

Q2... How did you guys answer for "the composer communicate ideas" part? I realised I only talked about hw journeys create challenges... opps..

goodsirclose

HSC
sooooooo depressed~~~!
dont know what ive written on the booklet for section one, especially for the one about how visual feature create humour~~!
>.<

mint516

HSC
N/A
Hey guy i found the cartoon tricky in somewhat i cant tell how the visual things works on homour ... the others are fine ... for section two ... i started to get panic since i heard errbodi wrote like 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 pages .... i've only wrote 3 pages ... but i usually get 18+/20 in skool assessment ... does pages count .... ???? overall its easy ... got the poem ... got the passage abt mary read ... XD

HSC
I had 9 pages. But I had huge writings, I write huge when I try to rush. and no, the length doesn't matter, it's the quality not the quantity. Plus you probably have small hand writing. hehe.

HSC
well dont think i did good.. ma mind was soo blank lolz

section 1 was damn hard

section 2 ws ok.. i did about 5 pages writing sum bullshit since i forgot everythin

i was damn nervous and stressed

dont think ill even get 40%

man i need sum help for paper 2

any1 has a email ID dat i can contact to thankz

loolee

HSC
Section 1 - damn crap... I started do the section 2 first then back to section 1. But it took me an hour to finish section 2...and I've got only 30 mins for section 1 which u suppose spend about 50 mins :mad1:

But yeh...those last mins I just rush read the damn article one. I didnt even know wt it wos talkin abt. Text 2, I said humorous is becoz his parents should be more exoerience and cud give him an advice, while he's confusing....I dunno....I was just bullshi...ing...around for section 1.....

One of my friend was crying because she saw the finish time for Standard/Advances. She only done a little bit on section 1, but she finish section 2 thou.

gamecw

HSC
MoonLiteDreamz said:
Q1 is ok.

Q2... How did you guys answer for "the composer communicate ideas" part? I realised I only talked about hw journeys create challenges... opps..

i talked about languages techniques etc.. lol did u mention ONE single technique? if u didnt then u really went off the topic..
dw u still have Q1 to back u up man..

GaNgStAz 4 LiF3 said:
well dont think i did good.. ma mind was soo blank lolz
lol same.. i cudnt read mary read at 1st, then decided 2 search for what i needed instead.. was too tired(slept 5 hrs after exam) + nervous... i kept thinking 'wow man there're about 3~4k ppl doing this exam paper at the moment!!!

damn 1st hsc exam, i screwd up badly

neyways wat raw mark is needed for 80? anyone knows?

Last edited:

vafa

HSC
N/A
My English is not very good but because we had an excellen teacher then I love the subject. she is a HSc marker. I firstly started to answer second section and because I was so nervous I did not notice the word composers but I did it perfectly. i used 3 booklets and it took me 15 mintes extra. for section I I started to answer questions and when i had left 20 minutes I saw that I have not answered I and the last part and since the last part had 8 marks I chose to do it.

For that cartton there are 2 ways of creating humour, the first is the image of the son and his parents because they obviously look funny especially mum as her glasses is in the wrong place. and the second one is that when son says I do not know who i am any more , her parents say the similr thing and that makes it funny because how the son can expect to find his indentity since his parrents are married to eachother for a long time and even got a child and still have lost their identity.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
gamecw said:
neyways wat raw mark is needed for 80? anyone knows?
I think ESL doesn't scale up unless you get above 88. So for 80, you actually need 80 or more (probably even scale down).

vafa said:
For that cartton there are 2 ways of creating humour, the first is the image of the son and his parents because they obviously look funny especially mum as her glasses is in the wrong place. and the second one is that when son says I do not know who i am any more , her parents say the similr thing and that makes it funny because how the son can expect to find his indentity since his parrents are married to eachother for a long time and even got a child and still have lost their identity.
Yeah, for visual I wrote something like super-deform images of characters though I didn't notice the misplace glasses. I forgot what I wrote for second bit. I think something to do with sarcastic or satire or irony reply.

Congrats to those who are confident with your essay. My journey essay is supposed to be my strongest point but I think I screwed it.

How much do you plan to write for paper 2?
For me (I hate the fact that they only gave you one booklet (4 pages) at the start. Is that what they called concise and to the point response?):
Question 1: min 4 pages, max 6
Question 2: min 3 pages, max 5

damnhsc2006

HSC
damn i screwed my one..-_-
i dont know...i finished all of section 1 but i think i went crap...
the article bit was damn hard, i hate all the paper makers

and....essay bit...
yeah, it was true that it was really straight forward nice and easy question...
but that means everyone will do damn good in that section!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

and worst of all, i couldnt finish my damn conclusion...
and i think i made all bullshits on each text...

damn, i need to do extremely well in my paper 2!!!!

chelsy

HSC
goodsirclose said:
sooooooo depressed~~~!
dont know what ive written on the booklet for section one, especially for the one about how visual feature create humour~~!
>.<
argh argh... fuck!!!
i just fucked my paper one!!!

well.. i said the visual feature creates humour because of the facial expressions on both the child and the parents! they look lost and confused.. therefore it creates a sense of humour!!! argh.. my answer doesn't even make any sense, why would some one look lost make you feel funny????

chelsy

HSC
damnhsc2006 said:
damn i screwed my one..-_-
i dont know...i finished all of section 1 but i think i went crap...
the article bit was damn hard, i hate all the paper makers

and....essay bit...
yeah, it was true that it was really straight forward nice and easy question...
but that means everyone will do damn good in that section!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

and worst of all, i couldnt finish my damn conclusion...
and i think i made all bullshits on each text...

damn, i need to do extremely well in my paper 2!!!!

for section one, i don't know if it was meant to be esay, because i was expecting more technique questions. and for Mary Read, i just copied down the lines from the text for questions like "what did Mary Read do before the Combodia thing", did i do the right thing?

i had problems with the cartoon and how it creates humour too!

for the 8 marks question, i screwed because i didn't know what the hell was "journeys to culture understanding". i just somehow try to match the words like "physical", "emotional"," opportunities, extension and challenges" etc into my article.. which doesn't really make sense...

secton 2 was even more of a nightmare!! true that the question was so esay, but that's mean everybody will do well and i, in constrast will look even more stupid because i didn't finish the whole essay!!

people, i didn't finish my related text, but my other 3 texts were really good !! and i had conclusion!! well i get mark down a lot??? shit!!!!!

HSC
chelsy said:
people, i didn't finish my related text, but my other 3 texts were really good !! and i had conclusion!! well i get mark down a lot??? shit!!!!!
it doesnt matter for the related. this year the question didnt ask for a related. it's optional. so yeh.

torne

HSC

followme said:
man, compare with standard/advance forum, here is so deserted...
Its cuz its ESL... ppl either cant write in english (like me :p) or without being very rasist they don't want to share the information ..
I went pretty bad in section 1 -the worst question waas the last one (8 marker) and section 2 was ok....

HSC

Lol. probably. But I also believe its because ESL is a minority group. It may only contain about 10% of year 12 students. So it's quite reasonable that we're not as active.

Secondly, the ESL paper this year is so easy, nothing much to talk about, while for Advanced english, I heard there was alot of problems with the meaning of the questions, so they'd talk abit more about it on the website.

Lastly (the last I can think of), not trying to be disciminatory, but most of the ESL students are from overseas, it is harder for them to find websites like this that helps just HSC students. I mean I had to tell my ESl friends about this place, and they only came to use the SAM. lol sad really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)