Module B: Critical Study of Texts (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your general thoughts and views of Section II (Module B - Questions 3-11).

Guernica

HSC
Speeches - they specified two, when I had three prepared. So I didn't know enough detail in just two so my answer was way too short.

HSC
Guernica said:
Speeches - they specified two, when I had three prepared. So I didn't know enough detail in just two so my answer was way too short.
i had the same problem.. i'd prepared enough on each of the 3 that i wanted to do so that my essay wouldn't be too short.. but then they specified 2.. and it ended up being too short anyway.. only managed 5 1/2 pages on it.. damn..

Guernica

HSC
AngelButterfly said:
i had the same problem.. i'd prepared enough on each of the 3 that i wanted to do so that my essay wouldn't be too short.. but then they specified 2.. and it ended up being too short anyway.. only managed 5 1/2 pages on it.. damn..
Same.. 5 and a half pages.

Tim035

HSC
King Lear: I read "personal interpretation" went oh sweet good.. then I read "the characterisation of Lear" and it was like OH SWEET MOTHER OF SHIT!!!

Still when I mentally recapped my prepared essays I found I was able to pull enough from them to do a critical analyse of Lear's characterisation in 2 key scenes. But jeez, I'd be suprised if ANYONE in the state was prepared for that!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Oh God... the Cloudstreet question... I was so upset, you know why? Because I had practiced v detailed and concise 'character centric' essay questions for EVERY SINGLE major character of the novel, EXCEPT QUICK! Because I had lost my notes on him! And I thought oh well, I've prepared for every other character, I'll be fine... how fucking wrong I was.

In conclusion: bleeeeeeh.

sly_skittle

HSC
You thought King Lear was hard! what about us stuck with Cloudstreet- we had to talk about the characterisation of Quick- he's not even one of the major, major characters. That was the crapiest question they could have asked- i spent the whole time writing about how much i disagreed with the statement because i didn't learn any scenes with Quick being prominent in them. At least you got your play's main character!

paloma

HSC
OH MY GOD Harwood poetry was really screwed up i was in no way prepared for that. "...harwoods poetic treatment of age and youth"? at school we definatley didnt see those as the main themes it was way harsh they specified that. I don't think it was consistant with the syllabus.

carmen s

HSC
Shit shit shit... i read "Shakespeares chracterisation of King Lear" as meaning charcters in the play, so i did Gloucester and Edmund and didn't even mention Lear, then when we were talking bout it afterwards realised King Lear wasn't in italics and they wer ein fact talking abotut he charcter. shit shit shit!

Monstar

HSC
^^ yeah lucky i learnt more than 2 poems..

i did 'at mornington' and 'the glass jar'

both about memory of youth and coming of age :)

just said youth and age were elements of the psychoanalytical reading so thats why i applied.

Didn't expect it to be so specific.

blond_e

HSC
I hated this question so much :( it was so random for King Lear.

Some people I know didn't even understand it.

liger

HSC
King Lear sucked so hard! I don't even know what I wrote about!!! I think I have have mentioned how he was obssessed with power and he was up himself or something.... and how were u meant to incoporate other peoples readings of the play??? bahhh. I HATE YOU KING LEAR AND BOARD OF STUDIES

Naylyn

HSC
sideshowtim said:
I love Citizen Kane so I did alright in this one.
I wish love of Citizen Kane meant doing well...
I dont know if I fully answered the question

Ioup

HSC
Hehe.
I loved the King Lear question. Heaps easy to answer.
As for the powerplay and transformations questions.
That ruined my day.

sideshowtim

HSC
I'm not sure If I did it correctly, I spoke about the first and the last scene. I spoke about Welles ability to shape our opinion of Kane from the use of the camera angles and for instance the "no trespassing" sign, which induces us to believe that the protagonist is a very private man from one simple shot.

i made up heaps of critical readings. they aren't going to go through and try and prove them wrong because i used a couple of legit ones at the start.

eleanor88

HSC
I was stoked they only wanted two speeches, made the answer way more detailed and interesting. That was by far my fave question in the paper. :)

liger

HSC
Ioup said:
Hehe.
I loved the King Lear question. Heaps easy to answer.
As for the powerplay and transformations questions.
That ruined my day.
why? what? how????????? what did you write about and how did you link in other interpretations and readings?

Surviv0r

HSC
well i have to say this module used to be my worst but i really liked the question and i think i did quite well in this module...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)