Ambiguous Questions (1 Viewer)

Naylyn

HSC
I thought many of the questions were really ambiguous, what do you think?
It suited me since I could slant the questions to fit what I wanted say.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Naylyn said:
It suited me since I could slant the questions to fit what I wanted say.
I also had to slant the questions to suit my concepts and ideas in my essays. But I didn't think they were ambiguous, instead they were more specific/confined.

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
I felt the questions where fine, I had prepared essays which fittd with tweeking, but what got me that ddint get me on friday was the the writing for the 2 hours striaght, I couldnt do it and ddint finish any of my responses. Its amazing how section I or AOS can be completed in 30 minutes or so and saves you so much time. Yeah going to have to apsolutly animalise maths and other subbies to make up for this poor poor performance

shimmy&shine

HSC
They were ambiguous on the act that they covered a lot of ground, but then also was specific. I don't know, my brain is too tired to think, but I liked todays exam.

ENGLISH ADV IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!! WOOT!!! CELEBRATE!!!

passion89

HSC
Yeah I definately thought the questions were both ambiguous and indirect. It was most probably a way of sorting out the memorisers from the band 6 students.

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
The only reason I'm against memorisers is because it's not exactly learning your stuff. The students who can think on their feet would have thrived in this exam, because the questions really narrowed down your argument, forcing you to cut through the crap and discuss ONE aspect of a text.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Yeah I definately thought the questions were both ambiguous and indirect. It was most probably a way of sorting out the memorisers from the band 6 students.
how does that that sort out the memorisers? isnt a ambiguous qs more likely to be easier than a specific?ie the king lear one.

P

pLuvia

The BNW/BR and Frontline question suited my essay, but the King Lear kind of put me off a bit

bboyelement

HSC
LottoX said:
I thought the Frontline question was a little out there, as in it looked like it didn't quite connect with the Module. Oh well.
yeh same... but most ppl i talked to didnt think so ... all they said was module b. wierd

Cabrello

HSC
Ennaybur said:
how does that that sort out the memorisers? isnt a ambiguous qs more likely to be easier than a specific?ie the king lear one.

I dont know about hte King Lear question, but I though it was just that it narrowed down people's arguments a litttle more so a (bad) memoriser will just put down their essay with parts of it obviously irrelevant, a good memoriser will have a decent essay but they'll be a little lost trying to make it relevant to the question while the band 6 student pretty much hammers it by interpreting it the way they wanted it to be interpreted.

my 2 cents anyway

jon0_o

HSC
mm yeah i thought in the wild was really generic ... Lear of course sucked ... although I wasn't confused, I understood it just didn't know anything about his characterisation. Frontline is the one that did stump me at first, I didn't know what they meant by different perspectives. Like if they were saying people's different ideas about the truth's significance i.e. it's significant or it's not. or just whether they wanted different perspectives lyk coming from a male, female, right wing, left wing, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)