Am I the only person who found it hard to interpret the question? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Honestly, after the 5 minute reading time, I still had to read it over and over again, still trying to find out what it meant.

Take King Lear for example, I still could not believe that they didn't ask for the traditional 2-readings but rather for a personal one. I was staring at it sighing until I then decided to analyse one critic and call it my own. I had way less than 40 minutes to write this. I thought that they wanted 2 readings but it was 2 scenes.

Afterwards, everybody else was complaining. Goshh..

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
You are not alone. I didn't understand ANY of the questions in Paper 2 (or paper 1 for that matter). I just wrote pretty much everything I knew about each of my texts and sort of moulded it to fit the question, though it didn't quite work.

dandel26

HSC
Module was the worst, took atleast 5 minutes to work out what was going on and to plan an essay

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Sparcod said:
Honestly, after the 5 minute reading time, I still had to read it over and over again, still trying to find out what it meant.

Take King Lear for example, I still could not believe that they didn't ask for the traditional 2-readings but rather for a personal one. I was staring at it sighing until I then decided to analyse one critic and call it my own. I had way less than 40 minutes to write this. I thought that they wanted 2 readings but it was 2 scenes.

Afterwards, everybody else was complaining. Goshh..
hate to tell you, last two years, personal response...

There is no "traditional 2-readings" you invented that.

ane_st

HSC
I think they were ok after the 5minutes reading time, but before i started my essay i had to re-read them and keep refering back to the question...

The whole point they make questions like this is for you to 'respond' to the question and not just have a prepared answer...

And for King Lear there wasnt any reason why you couldnt have said your two readings influenced your intepretation...

ashh

HSC
yeh i read the questions, then re-read them, then re-read them a few more times lol...was so hard 2 figure out wat they were actually trying 2 ask us. by the end of the exam, i think i did the right thing. n it was hard 2 go back 2 the question at the end of each para coz ur sposed 2 understand wat ur on about in the 1st place...

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I had no idea... the questions pissed me off, they were so hard to interpret.

I just looked at the marking guidlines at the top of the page and answered that... and shoved in the words of the question at random parts of the essay. haha, is that okay??

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
the questions were kind of tricky... but once you got them they seemed quite easy to answer,, the hardest for me was the poetry question on gwen harwood... took me about 10 reads of the question before i finally understood it...

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I agree. Well, I spent almost 20 minutes in total trying to interpret the question and to get an essay.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
I interpreted Cloudstreet's question to be: "Disagree to everything in this question's statement and then write out your prepared essay. You're welcome"

blond_e

HSC
cbadvanced said:
I interpreted Cloudstreet's question to be: "Disagree to everything in this question's statement and then write out your prepared essay. You're welcome"
LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)