Greek Period 500-440BC...?! (1 Viewer)

edgelroo

HSC
Don't know how many other people did this question for Section IV, but my class hated it! A lot of us have never really been brilliant at Delian league, and were hoping for a Persian war question, but the significance of the contributions of Miltiades and Leonidas?!
I figured I couldn't write enough on those guys, so i fudged the Delian League question.
Anyone else surprised by the personalities quesiton?

narranick

HSC
Was expecting it.
Theres always something on a person in the wars and theres always either a delian league or war question

lucky for me i had a 23/25 speech in my head for DL and had good knowledge of miltiades n leonidas.

Spoke bout the people instead of Delian League which can get tricky with the markers

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I prepared for a Persian Wars question as well, but I was hoping they would ask something about the battles themselves rather than the contribution of certain people (except Themistocles, I probably could have written something about him).

But the Delian League question was the easiest possible question they could have come up with, so I did that instead. We did an assignment on it so I was able to remember enough sources and info to write something okay, even if I only looked over it a bit before the test.

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
Even though my teacher made us focus on the Persian Wars i decided to stick to the DL --> Athenian empire stuff and reject anything to do with PW, mostly because i thought they'd be more lenient if u chose the harder empire qus. Because the D/L question was so easy i think that theory is gone but because i only studied that half of the topic i believe i SMASHED it. :rofl:

the hsc sucks

HSC
i wasnt too surprised. i did think though that they were a bit more specific than i thought theyd be. still think i did a good job (picked personalities) butwont really know till the results come out will i?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)