General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

danchurchill

HSC
i actually did really well. was able to answer all of the questions and all the high markers (5 6 and 7 marker (astro)) i am confident that i did well in them.
im aiming to get 75-85 in that exam.

HSC
i dont think i did particularly well.. probably looking at just passing..
but i think i did well in the option topic questions (quanta to quarks).. the 7 mark question in that was easy to gain all marks for lol so i hope i did okay in that..

bottle01

HSC
the question wasn't as hard as it could be. but i somehow didn't manage to finish it on time, leaving a 7-mark question from the option blanked.

my heart is twisted...medical physics is my beloved topic. but i didn't have time to finish it...so sad so sad so sad

mica

HSC
wasnt sure about some things like calculating the mass of the rod

rivergumrob

HSC
I was really happy with it...physics is must best subject tho, and we have an awesome teacher. I think around 85 is what ill get, but two of my mates think theyll get 95...its a little crazy. I didnt like the question about calculating the distance between the two copper rods, i know you had to use F/l=kI1I2/d, but i didnt know how to find F. grrr....how do you do it?
Cheers

Boots Riley

HSC
That wasn't too bad.. Not as hard as expected.

In total I think I lost around 10 marks from uncomplete questions - 2ers and 3ers - including that copper rod's mass one!

Didn't even think to use the graph.

The option was good, and most questions were answered (I just hope with enough detail).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
There were some tough questions, including a few 6 markers, but overall I found it moderate in difficulty.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
**My first post in a thread that's not mine.
I answered most of the questions.
Overall, it was do-able. I did quanta to quarks and that section involved a lot of writing. Takes me back to English.

It was better than my trials. I expect 70%+

Ether

HSC
much easier than the stuff i did in successone texts and stuff. all very generic quesitons, like that space one, i mean there oculdn't have been a simpler one. a few eyars back there was something to do with impulse, area under a force vs time curve, finding max acceleartion, etc all this mumbo jumbo

for some reason i suspect that us 06ers are having the easiest hsc there has been for a while. all the questions are very straightforward, even for english etc.

hmm, one thing physics taught me, there's always a tradeoff, and i bet you it's very high standard marking this year. hard to get to bands i reakon, let's hope not though lol

Ioup

HSC
Pissed.lol
As soon as I couldn't answer a question I got annoyed.
I'll probably get from 75-85 or worse.
Very dissapointed.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Was this exam easier than the past years?
I didn't bother looking at all of them.

Bricktop

HSC
Stopsign said:
Was this exam easier than the past years?
I didn't bother looking at all of them.
Yeah, definitely. I found the multiple choice this year to be much harder than previous years though, but that's just me.

I think I went okay generally, pretty happy.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
The test was easier than past years. Multi choice wasnt too great for me, i hope 85 - 90% raw

Ether

HSC
I think so, although I'm not putting my money that others will say the same

lol my friend, he's super freaky, for the trials (we did the CSSA), he got 98 for physics and 100 (yes that's right perfect 3 figures) for chemistry. he's not doing too bad for his other subjects as well lol like 1st in SDD, 2nd in 4u maths, 3rd 3u,

he finished an hour before the end :headbang:

i bet that it was a cakewalk for him
sighs, wish i had such a brain lol

cactuscactus3

HSC
i thought it was the best exam ive had so far.all the hard shit they can put in.....they didnt!! loved it(well compared to other exams) option wasnt to good but its ok coz the rest was great

HSC
rivergumrob said:
i know you had to use F/l=kI1I2/d, but i didnt know how to find F. grrr....how do you do it?
that threw me a little but a came back and answered it (correctly i wouldn't know) ... how i answered it is a looked at one amperage value (12 amps) and then looked at the mass it had for that amperage ...

using newtons second law (f = ma) i found the force required to suspend such a the mass from gravity (the weight at that amperage minus the initial weight) ...

its easy from about that point onwards ...

williams180

HSC
i thought generally it was hard there were many things i felt if i had studied say 6 hours a night i could have got correct. However i feel i got about 95 to 100 percent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)