Stupid mistakes, cmon tell us u fucked up (1 Viewer)

Larryman

somewhere secluded from the outside world
HSC
i know i made several fuck ups, but was too shit lazy to fix them up, safe in the knowledge that ill get marks for my method

like in the satellite question where work had to be done to move to a higher potential, i love overcomplicating the problem and working with integrals and variable forces.

share your misery, it feels liberating...

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i fucked two questions.

the work done question - i used W=MGH
the question about -50 degress copper - fuck i confused it wit a semiconductor and i wrote that the temperature decrease would cause a resistance increase....fucked that up badly

JhK89

HSC
angmor said:
i fucked two questions.

the work done question - i used W=MGH
the question about -50 degress copper - fuck i confused it wit a semiconductor and i wrote that the temperature decrease would cause a resistance increase....fucked that up badly

lol same i wrote that as the temperature decreases as resistance decreases the fall of the magnet will be faster but still have the effects of lenz's law :(

Stobbit

HSC
I somehow managed to get 69.75 as the range of the projectile in the projectile motion question.

Don't ask me how. I don't know.

Benmc

HSC
Multiple things fucked up.
Hopefully i still get a raw Band 5.

6 M/C questions incorrect. :O i've been finding out the answers and i've found 6 i've done incorrectly.

THe work function for the sattelite. Didn't even attempt it.
The Length of the Crookes tube.....Stupid electron...

And yeah...the rest depends on how they mark em...

But WTF....a cyclotron wats the AC current do???

sinist4

HSC
fuked up the length and mass contraction Question... i didnt everything rite but i forgot to 'square' the velocity. :mad:
and the GPE one .... i just used W:fd...and i got 6 or sumthing.

kesh

HSC
ok i got 5 multiple choice wrong, the satellite question forgot 2 mention air resistance and deceleration (but i talked bout centrepital and g forces) and the rod question, forgot 2 minius the mass of the rod with current from weight force... so yeh wat r ma chances of gettin a band 6?

ze.outlaw

HSC
N/A
YES I said that the paddle wheel was used to show that electrons were charged particles when really all the paddle wheel showed was that they were particles but showed nothing about their charge. Damn, Thomson's experiment would have shown that and it is such an easy experiment to remember!
ALSO in the Quanta to Quarks I screwed up on the very first question by saying half the table was blank because those were the values where nf=ni, but neglected to mention the blank spaces were also those where nf>ni which would not emit but absorb energy! Oh well that is 3 marks max. gone out of those questions so I'm not too fussed I suppose.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
The most stupid mistake I made is number 5 multiple choice.
I thought so the R is R:16R, then I used T=2piR/v formula to find period ratio. And of course I got 1:16 which is wrong.:(

That and magnet fell in a copper tube one.

Larryman

HSC
ze.outlaw said:
YES I said that the paddle wheel was used to show that electrons were charged particles when really all the paddle wheel showed was that they were particles but showed nothing about their charge. .
actually it does show the charge as the cathode rays move from a higher electrode potential to a lower one, that is shown by the velocity of the paddle wheel, as it moves in one direction only. so dont worry you should be fine there... unless theyre stingey and wanted you to state and explain it

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
if u think UR STUPID...... i stuffed up the diagram of the valence bands... i added a valence band to the conductor and to make it worse put the conduction and valency bands the wrong way.... then i stuffed up the charged particle question, calculated the wrong period for the distance in astrophysics AND stuffed the rod q.
i know i got some of the multi wrong too...

Desi_kudi

HSC
ze.outlaw said:
YES I said that the paddle wheel was used to show that electrons were charged particles when really all the paddle wheel showed was that they were particles but showed nothing about their charge.
SOo....Thats wrong???

Larryman

HSC
Desi_kudi said:
SOo....Thats wrong???
no, the paddle wheel does show they have charge, right? you just have to explain how it does.
to get full marks with the paddle wheel you would have to talk about electrode potentials and how they are making the 'cathode rays' travel in one direction; ie higher to lower. savvy?

gyped

HSC
Hey, one question, How can u fuck a question? :eek:

Just kidding

well i screwed up the copper question (i didnt even write an answer) and the projectile motion question :bomb: :burn:

but who cares? PHYSICS IS OVER!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! FUCK U MAXWELL (and all the other physicists we learnt!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)