Mathematics - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

joyeeta

in a town which has a ute mounted on a pole ...
HSC
well i'm not relying on it because i knew i wouldnt do well in it at all so i didn't open a single book for it and walked out of it an hour later.

but had i studied or if i relied on this subject i think i would've done well. it was a pretty decent paper.

but then again maybe i dont know anything. haha.

i'll shut up now.:haha:

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
i thoguht the paper was pretty good all the way through except question 10.

There for part 2 I prooved that the equsion wasn't equal to what they gave me. loose one mark i hope.
part 4 I did a few steps but didn't get x equal to something, father some weird fuction of x is equal to something, I'm hoping for one mark.

Part 5 i didn't really get. i got as far as recongnising it had to be a derivative, took the derivative then failed to solve the complicated question again i'll be pleased with one mark, but other than that the rest of the paper was a sinch.

There was also one Question 3 part 4 where I came out with some weird nomber for an area that I suspect I got wrong. If anyone could remeber what they got there could you tell me whether it was a round number.

Any thoughts on question 10 would be great too.

thanks

Li0nHe4rt

HSC
>.< it was decent. the first 5-6 questions were easy, 7 and 8 were alrite but 9 and 10 were nuts. = ( i probably got 4 out of 24 for the last 2 questions

HSC
i didn't like question 10 either and im doing Ext 1 .... :mad1:

i am hoping that i will get a Band 5 cause i didn't answer some of the paper (auughhh) ...

JJPH

HSC
Question 9 was some stupid cone shit and Question 10, i have no fucking idea.

tiramisu25489

HSC
I started blanking out.. a while into the test.. and sat there.. staring at the ceiling.. and then went 'oh crap! maths!' and proceeding to try and finish it..
realised I totally did not know that the probability question was non-replacement --> byebye 4 marks :( skipped majority of question 10, got some question 9 stuffed up.. life.. is not positively beeming right now.

atleast maths is over :)

Last edited:

pmag

HSC
The only question i am confident i will get is 1(a

Evaluate
e

but seriously it was ok
it was easier than i thought it would be

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
Hmm... question 9 & 10 weren't very nice, but i think i'll go ok on the rest. Lost at least 20 marks on those so maximum of 82 but 75 or more should be ok. I sorta got 10 but it was excedingly weird...

Bijs

HSC
I did the whole paper (confidently bar about 5 marks). I was hoping q10 was a max/min question, and it eventuated. (Y) If anyone really wants I can scan q9 and q10 (which I thought were pretty good).

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
OMG.

Man, that TEST WAS INSANE!

I was cruising up till about Question 7.... uh oh... shit, little problems... ok ok, it'll be alright... got over it, Question 8 was a bit better.... then QUESTION 9 AND 10??!! WHOA :eek:

Yeh, even being an Ext1 Student, doesn't make much of a difference really... lol.. oh well, hopefulley it all gets moderated and scaled in our favour :p

beentherdunthat

HSC
OK peoples im in year 11 i think i done better than uze lmao

Q10 answer minimum area was 55.9 units squared ... wen u differentiate and equate to zero u get x=2 but it doesnt fulfill the equalities that u proves in iv) so u chek the end points and u end up wiv area 57 units and 55.9 minimum is 55.9 .. X=1.61
ANythin else? by the way Q9 was so easy !!!!

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
I second a request for the entire scan of the 2 Unit Paper. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)