How do you think you'll go (1 Viewer)

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
I thought all round it was pretty decent there were a few parts that I found tricky but i'm expecting between 100-110.

JJPH

HSC
I've lost 18marks from left out questions.
So ...

I didn't like question 9 and 10.

I walked into that exam feeling extremely confident, now i feel like trash

joshay

HSC
Yeh it was pretty decent for a 2U exam; especially considering the last few years, which were just getting harder and harder. Didn't get 100% though; couldnt prove that the two triangles in question 10 were similar?! but i did the rest.

Did anyone work out how to prove the two triangles were similar?

ruski88

HSC
The maximum I could get is probably 104/120..I forgot to put pi on the volumes question and i couldnt work out the how many months it will take to repay the loan. And i probably lost about 12 marks in questions 9 and 10.

ok, in question 10, u know the simpsons rule part? was it meant to be harder than it was? coz i thought it was a normal question..must've missed something.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
joshay said:
Did anyone work out how to prove the two triangles were similar?
i prooved the angles were simialr, but when it came to prooving y i mucked it up.

Proof that I used was:

As angle QLM is 180 dergrees. QLM is 90 degrees (given) + MLN+ QLK.
therefore 90 degrees is MLN + QLK

Triangle MNL is 180 degrees = 90 degrees (given) + MLN +LMN
therefore 90 degrees is MLN +LMN

therefore it follows that by combining the equasions. MLN + LMN = QLK + MLN
therefore LMN = QLK

whch gives you a second angle. the first is the 90 degrees and the third can be prooven through angle sum of triangle. Therefore you have AAA therfore the two triangles are equal!

Marquis

HSC
Yeh i did something like that, except for the combination of the equations... Although most of my geometry is usually fudged. Am expecting between 100-110 as well.

stephcam

HSC
yeh it wasn't too bad...I was expecting it to be worse, cos yeh they have been getting harder each year...
Hopefully will get 90-100... but only one unit of this exam should count so should be allright.
Answered all the Q's except for 10b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)