omg.. i dont know how to factorise lol (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
question 1 b)

2x^2 + 5x -3

lol.. wats answer ?

Seoul51

HSC
OH MY... I can't believe... omg... I am an idiot.... that's the answer I first got and I don't know WHY THE HELL I thought it looked weird, so I crossed it out and changed it... ARGHH, what the hell was I thinking?

sandz_2

HSC
i completely went black on that Q and we learnt in one of our 1st yr 11 lessons :(

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
hmm, i thought i posted in here already. well to repeat myself (if such a post could be called a "repeat" as the existence of the original post (if it indeed can be called the "original" post) remains questionable)

anyways, i first looked at that question and had no clue what to do. i always forget how to factorise when the "a" in a quadratic isnt 1. then i just thought id take out the 2 and then use quadratics but realised that would probably take another 30-40 seconds, which would greatly destroy the momentum i had been picking up since the start of the exam several seconds earlier. i skipped it hoping to come back to it using the cheap, easy, reliable quadratic formula instead of having to remember how to factorise but instead i wasted the final 10 minutes staring blankly at question 10 and forgot to return to that poor empty spot of white on my paper.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah this happens to ya when you're under exam conditions
its a lot different to doing past papers at home ay
dont worry i think lots of other people did the same thing...a mental blank
no use dwelling over it though...focus on your upcoming subjects

lala2

Banned
HSC
I know that "phenonomen"--you're already panicked, plus it was such an easy question you went looking for a harder answer--my teacher explained that to us. Hence why someone in our class was like, '1+1=3' or something like that, and someone else was like:

'10/1 doesn't equal 10'...
"um, but it is"
"why?"
"it's upon 1?!"
*blank stare, silence*
then..." oh!"

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i'm glad i wasnt the only idiot doing 2unit maths :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
hmm, i thought i posted in here already. well to repeat myself (if such a post could be called a "repeat" as the existence of the original post (if it indeed can be called the "original" post) remains questionable)
lawl!
i got it right. :p
one of the trends in hsc papers. most likely be a factorise question.

kerfuffle

HSC
Doesn't 1.a) test whether you know how to use your calculator or not? And whether you know how to use the calculator's rounding off thing to get the right rounding off? xD

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
1 a) just tests that the battery in your calculator is working.. so that they dont have misadventure forms flying in left right and centre

thehootman

HSC
Question one was much more difficult than previous years question one.

TNguyen

HSC
if you don't know how to factorise by now, then maybe you shouldn't be doing Maths at all.

jessdoit

HSC
Oh man hahah that must suck hard...
I mean it's too late now but why didn't you try expanding it...?
Easy way to check if you're right or wrong.
Anyways at least it's all over for you now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)