Thread: Factors Affecting Performance partc

Cadet
    HSC

Factors Affecting Performance partc

Notice a few people have had mixed views about this question especially the word Distinguish.

The question was something like distinguish between immediate physiological response to training and physiological adaptation to aerobic training.

Just wondering wat everyone wrote for this.

by the way distinguish means recognise or note/indicate as being distinct or differnet from; to note differences between

HSC

Re: Factors Affecting Performance partc

what it basically means is what is the difference between what happens when you start exercising(immediately eg increase in ventilation, increase in h.r) to what happens when you've been doing aerobic training for ages. eg resting h.r decreases stroke volume increases cardiac output increases max vo2 etc (there are heaps)

Contemptuous Member Ultraviolent's Avatar
    HSC
    Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do you see?! well, ttyl.

I can't really remember exactly what I argued, only vaguely. I said stuff along the lines of how practically speaking, anyone who undertakes intense exercise will experience immediate reactions. Adaptations on the other hand, will only occur in athletes undertaking a prgram of progressive overload, etc. That reactions only last while exercise is going and then for a brief time afterwards whereas adaptations (while there is a detraining effect) last longer and are also present when the individual is at rest. That adaptations have a much greater impact on improving performance. That adaptations affect more systems significantly eg. the endocrine and muscular. Stuff like that, during which I was basically just sneaking in all the different types of adaptations and responses.
    Last edited by Ultraviolent; 1 Nov 2006 at 10:39 AM.
    2005: Mathematics, Maths Ext 1, Advanced English, Chemistry.

2006: Modern History, History Ext, PDHPE, Comparative Literature Distinction Course.

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06 adrenaline rush's Avatar
    HSC

I really focused on the word 'distinguish' in my answer, where most of it I talked about how the body has to adapt to those immediate responses so it can take harder work. In terms of the specific points eg. oxygen uptake, i only mentioned them rather than going into complete detail and only really pointed out the most relevant eg. SV, HR. That was plenty.

To HSC 07: If you need help with any of these subjects, feel free to PM. If you're stupid enough to ask for my marks, you don't need my help. [Where's the faith?] I also did TVET Fitness.

Ancient History: Pompeii/Herc, Sparta, Xerxes, Greek World 500-440BC (Post Persian Wars)
    PDHPE: Cores plus Improving Performance, Sports Med.
    English: Gwen Harwood, Lionheart, Hamlet/ RAGAD, 1984

2007-08: Dip. Sport (Athlete Support Services)

HSC

I went through when each occurs. Eg. Immediate happen to anyone doing activity. Then illustrated the difference between a trained athlete and a non-trained athlete in the long term. Used heaps of little diagrams. Listed and briefly explained all the longterm & immediate in the syllabus.

www.thesydneyscene.com
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Exphate
    Listed + explain the immediate + long term changes, and differentiated between them.
    me too

Thread Information