Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam

Rambling Spirit
    HSC
    Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...

Re: Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam

Quote Originally Posted by Mark576
    Hey guys do you think if i studied from cambridge extension 1 textbooks, then this exam would of been slightly easier for me (given that i understand everything in the cambridge textbook)??

Just wondering since i'm going to year 11 next year ...
    Nah, you should be fine with Cambridge alone in this exam, although a lot better to source a lot of other textbooks as well.
    Is quite inactive.

Cadet
    HSC

do u guys reckon 82/84 wld get a state ranking?

pRoFFeSSoR
    HSC

sorry for the late reply man.
    Yeh as soul-searcher said try to use a variety of text books, but the book that works best alone is Cambridge,. Its got all sorts of questions and some questions are really challenging, which prepare you for the hsc. I used Cambridge, but also Fitzpatrick and excel as well as some others.But Cmbridge is good 4 u if u work hard.
    I bear witness that there is only one god, who has no partners and I bear witness that Mohammad(peace and blessings of God be upon him) is his slave and messenger.

pRoFFeSSoR
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by shsshs
    do u guys reckon 82/84 wld get a state ranking?
    it depends really how other people in the state went, how many rankings are there possible anyway? likw would 20th in the state get you a stste ranking would 100th in the state get u a state ranking?
    I bear witness that there is only one god, who has no partners and I bear witness that Mohammad(peace and blessings of God be upon him) is his slave and messenger.

High Monk
    HSC

depends on the number of people who do the course. With 9200 ish students, the top 10 places are reported (over 10000 = 20 places, Less than 1000 people = top 5 places are reported)
    Industrial Technology : 2nd in state

HSC

screw all maths and math extension 1 tests..bloody ridiculous..i dun even know why i took it. oh wait yeah..coz i needed an extra unit to back me up..rite...more like kill me further.. this test was so freakin harder than any other papers i ever did..considering tat i can barely do the others...haha..it'll be a miracle juz to get 2 significant figures as my marks...
    Does the walker chooses the path, or the path the walker?

Rax
    Custom Me up Scotty
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Cade
    screw all maths and math extension 1 tests..bloody ridiculous..i dun even know why i took it. oh wait yeah..coz i needed an extra unit to back me up..rite...more like kill me further.. this test was so freakin harder than any other papers i ever did..considering tat i can barely do the others...haha..it'll be a miracle juz to get 2 significant figures as my marks...
    You have my sympathy, but you never know sometimes (whereas usually you do know.....which is where the problem arises). Guess its the waiting game now.
    Good Luck.
    2005 HSC: Chem 87
    2006 HSC: Adv English 75, Physics 91, Ext 1 Mathematics 93, Ext 2 Mathematics 90, 1 U SOR 44
    UAI: 95.95
    (WOOOOO...So pleased)

2007: 1st Year B Science (Honours) @ ANU

HSC

2 significant figures? You mean getting 5.0/84 or 9.0/84???

I know you mean two digits positive integer, or in other word 10+/84. If it is your extra unit, then don't worry about it like Rax said.
    Achievements:
    No band 6

ESL - 85
    Mathematics Extension 1 - 85
    Mathematics Extension 2 - 83
    Business Studies - 87
    Chemistry - 88
    Physics - 79

17 marks difference
    Mathematics Extension 2 (74 - External; 91 - Internal)

JC DUX of 2006
    2006 NSW UAI= 96.10

pRoFFeSSoR
    HSC

yes don't worry man its only one damn paper. Besides its nearly ova 4 u -hooray.....
    Everyone said 3U was tricky anyway.

HSC

I found the majority of the paper fairly easy though there were a few tricky questions.

I have never ever got a parametric question correct and never will

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information