2006 Hsc Ext 1 Maths Solutions (1 Viewer)

P

pyrodude1031

I am a former student ('05 KHS). I have written up my solutions to this year's 3unit exam . I do not guarantee that they are 100% correct, but, if they were to be marked, I think it would be close. LOL.. No boast.

They are attached.

PS. It may be hard for those who rot learnt the methods used to solve problems. Personally I foudn this paper very good, in that it examined our understanding of the topic. Especially, the projectile, induction, and parametric question. But the circle geometry was a bit disappointing.

P

pyrodude1031

Sorry about the roughness of the scan.. I had to minimise the pixel and size so that the file would be less than 500KB since thats the max size bos would allow..
What engineering are you interested in ?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Thanks pyro!

If anybody knows of corrections/errors/other solutions, please tell us here. :)

uraleech

HSC
Hey there. Good effort with the solutions =)

I actually tried the paper today because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. It's quite straightforward if you know what you're doing, although a little rushed.

For the most part I agree with what you've done, although I think there were a couple of easier ways to do things. Anyway, I'm not sure if your solution for Question 6)a)iii) holds. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but what you've done is shown that at the time when L is a minimum, the particle is above the ground - however, that does not necessarily mean that the particle is ascending.

I've attached what I think makes more sense logically. Please excuse my dodgy handwriting >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)