General thoughts about the Earth & Enviromental Science Exam (1 Viewer)

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
What'd you think about the Earth and Enviromental exam on the whole?​

Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll.

sideshowtim

HSC
was disappointed at the lack of chlorophyll in this exam.

but yeah, good exam think i did nicely, the question about the atmosphere was worded stupidly but other than that i didn't have too many troubles.

goddampenisblue

HSC
It was 10 times better than the Catholic Trial, some questions were worded a bit strangely - but that is characteristic of all Earth exams

rent a girl

HSC
yeah not 2 shabby. agree about the atmosphere q. but otherwise pretty damn...ok

ringout13

HSC
N/A
What an epic exam hey guys! So much harder than the past years, i blitzed the 02, 03, 04 and 05 past papers but this one was really challenging!
Im hoping for over 80, will be hard tho, they will scale it up this year because of how hard it is, half my class walked out half way through because they couldnt answer some of the questions!

hocko88

HSC
Jesus Christ!!! i thought that exam was i million times harder then the catholic trial! but yeh thats wat i thought of it! Luv u all xxx

goddampenisblue

HSC
I wrote down my first 7 answers to multiple choice: B, C, D, B, A, C, D... Any one else write theirs down?

Last edited:

acrimonioustouc

HSC
mm i agree, it seemed harder that all the past papers, but i think i did OK... maybe.. im hoping.. low 80's, perhaps thats a little optimistic.

i was in the hall all by myself, im the only one from my school that does it. it was lonely. i took my multiple choice paper, and id circled my answers, so heres what i got...

1. B
2. C
3. D
4. B
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. B
10. A
11. D
12. D
13. B
14. A
15. C

28beki28

HSC
overall i thought that the exam was hard. proberly bcause i exspected it to be much easier. both the 7 mark questions were wierd to read and took some time to figure out what to answer, same with the treating 'storm water' quesion. i thought the paper was harder then previous years, i thought we got the hardest paper. most of the studesnts at my school thought it was hard, but they also said that for the trials and scored high band sixes
i thought it was a long paper, i just finished it with five minutes to go, checking over some multiple choice questions, but i think that ill go alright, hoping for a high band 5, low band 6.

acrimonioustouc

HSC
yeah it definetly took me longer than half yearlies/trials/past papers etc, perhaps because i was trying to pace myself alot more. not sure.

urgh that stormwater qu. i left till the very end.

shellsbells15

HSC
hard?!
did we do the same exam?!!!!
my whole year - theres about 35 of us that do earth found it piss easy, like laughable easy.
introduced species - tested us on like one dot point out of the whole topic's syllabus... and one question how did you find your information - the internet and books DUHHH

lupin43

HSC
i dunno bout u guys...but me and most of my class thought it was nice n easy...and wasnt that long at all...easier then the catho trial by far...but i got 75 in that..

finished with much time to spare to look ova again...but cant remember my multiple choice answers....

Option was easy!!!!

ne ways i hope every one did as well as they deserve

mel4dan

Easy. Definitely easy. However it will come down to those stupid marking criteria crap that are always ten miles away from the question. :mad1:

Heres what I got for multiple choice:
1. B
2. C
3. D
4. B
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10. A
11. D
12. D
13. B
14. A
15. C

Cat_Orange

HSC
I honestly didn't think it was that hard, either. I could answer every question, so that was a bonus. Whether I answered them right is another thing.

I thought the Option - Introduced Species - was surprisingly easy. But I got to do a flow diagram, so I was happy. The question on our process of finding information for quarantine methods was inane. No-one is that stupid.

We only have thirteen people in our class, and there were only five of us who stayed for the whole time. I didn't like the time slot, I was so hungry afterwards.

BUT IT'S OVER.

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
hard?!
... and one question how did you find your information - the internet and books DUHHH
Well if that's pretty much all you wrote dude your gonna get a rude shock when you get your marks back. You had to state how you sourced the data. How did you confirm it was a valid/reliable resource etc...
Over all i found it pretty challenging... i'm not sure i answered the last couple of questions in the Introduced Species option correctly... i felt like i was repeating myself significantly... can someone please post a brief overveiw of what they wrote if they did that option? Cheers!

ringout13

HSC
N/A
For the Introduced 7 marker i wrote about biological control, fumigation and shooting because it was about animals not plants, i mainly referenced to rabbits, myxamatosis etc and gave the pros and cons of each method then at the end stated biological control was the best because it is target specific (only affects the target species if researched correctly)

For quarantine methods i did inspecting ballast water and sniffer dogs and i just assed each with the advantages and disadvantages.

b was easy u just needed to know the bradley method, least affected areas --> most affected areas.

b ii was simple with the abiotic factors then u had to say lantana and bitou were more distributed in the gully than slope.

a was the hardest i thought. i forgot wat websites i went to so i said the governments quarantine website HAHA if theres such a thing...

and the reliability i said that the .gov and .orgs were reliable and trusting but i was an idiot and went on to say the NPWS which have nothing to do with quarantine were private and not reliable but i later figured they were public :(

In the normal paper which was much harder with all the 7 and 6 markers i didnt do as well. for the'Plate A' question i said it was heading north but put the new basaltic lava up north when it was meant to be at the ridge to the south and i drew a diagram of a reverse fault..not sure if im right?

With the stormwater question i drew a diagram of a gross pollutant trap and described it, so not sure with that either.

wat about u guys?

ringout13

HSC
N/A
1 - B
2 - C
3 - B (I did the difference in densities, not sure but its different to yours)
4 - B
5 - A
6 - C
7 - D
8 - B (I thought it could only happen in some rock types?)
9 - A (definately Carbon 12/13)
10 - A
11 - D
12 - D
13 - B
14 - A
15 - C

sideshowtim

HSC
for question 13 in the multiple choice, i put c...carbon tetrachloride is a pesticide and is the only one that is decreasing...so i thougth the reason for that would be an introduction of alternatives to pesticides.

AztecVixen

Crocy
HSC
i got 95 in the catholic trial and thought that was alot easier then this years hsc...is it me...or do we always seem to get the harder things...MC was easy, although the acid rain Q was stuipid as it was ambiguous (cant spell) but our teacher is ringing around to get support from other teachers to make them take both nitro and sulfur. umm the stramatolite Q threw me at first, as did the storm water, and the atmosphere...i hated the fact that some assess questions were like 3 marks....i ended up writing tripple the amount of space they gave us each time...so sto0ipid...the introduced species section was so easy although a flow chart for the bradly method was alil ruff, interested in seeing where the marks are for that. wrote about shooting, baiting, immunology traps etc for the 7 mark question...most of the people that stayed till the end wrote about 2 booklets for introduced species....ah...2 left bring it =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)