Uh...Wow. (1 Viewer)

Leif Erikson

HSC
Ok the exam still has an hour to go, and I am already home sitting here writing about it. That was way too short/easy..Imagine what it would have been like if I had studied properly!

sly_skittle

HSC
yeah i know i finished at three thirty- i only found one question hard to answers- the one about two colloids how obvious is the whisked eggs? that question was lame- i talked about mayonnaise and then i said that adding eggs to a salad dressing also made it a colloid- that was the only crap question i thought. I'm hoping for a mark of about 92-96

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
Haha yeah. I just got home, it was pretty easy...except for that egg-colloid question..we never did that investigation..and i forgot about sustaining life in speace :mad1:

But on the whole it was easy...AND NOW I FINISHED MY HSC !

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
i only found one question hard to answers- the one about two colloids how obvious is the whisked eggs? that question was lame- i talked about mayonnaise and then i said that adding eggs to a salad dressing also made it a colloid-

haha i did that too!

mrviper89

HSC
haha yeah at least its over thank god it wasnt a hard exam pretty decent yeah nearly all of our whole walked out 40 mins early i thnk there was like 3 people left in there haha yeahhhhhhh 1 more to go

Number7

HSC
If you guys do pharmaceuticals..was that a vein or an artery? I put vein coz it was smaller

mrviper89

HSC
did anyone do q 28 preservatives and additives? what did u think of it? i cant believe we had to do this as an option. its pretty gay

paradise

HSC
Man i loved that exam.....do they just give away marks in Senior Science or is it just me? ...... fuckin mad mark booster....i'll be shocked if i get under 90

Good luck to everyone with the rest of the Exams ::wave::

sly_skittle

HSC
Number7 said:
If you guys do pharmaceuticals..was that a vein or an artery? I put vein coz it was smaller
I put that it was an artery because i thought that the blood was flowing from the artery to the vein- but i can't remember. I wish they'd asked us to label a capillary instead

emma_f

or M
HSC
sly_skittle said:
I put that it was an artery because i thought that the blood was flowing from the artery to the vein- but i can't remember. I wish they'd asked us to label a capillary instead
i put artery too; the walls were thicker and the diameter inside was smaller.
i def know i lost 5 marks; 4 from naming 2 other antibiotics other than penicillin in pharmaceuticals section [we didnt even learn that] and another mark for naming an aust satellite because emma didnt finish that homework.
several people in our exam room fell asleep during it actually-goes to show though, senior science really is the bludgy science

sly_skittle

HSC
emma_f said:
i put artery too; the walls were thicker and the diameter inside was smaller.
i def know i lost 5 marks; 4 from naming 2 other antibiotics other than penicillin in pharmaceuticals section [we didnt even learn that] and another mark for naming an aust satellite because emma didnt finish that homework.
several people in our exam room fell asleep during it actually-goes to show though, senior science really is the bludgy science
I was happy when they asked that antibiotic question- we didn't do it in class but i learnt it because i knew it was the kind of answer you couldn't make up on the spot.
I said Rifaycin which inhibits RNA synthesis and Quinolone which inhibits the bacterial DNA gyrase. The satellite one i looked it up but didn't really learn it- does anyone know if Optus-6 was a possible answer?

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
Not sure about Optus 6...i think Optus B is a broadcasting satellite though. I wrote AUSSAT.

ggarfag

HSC
Number7 said:
It was a vein. The question was for 3 marks though .. so i'm sure if someone said it was an artery and compared an artery to a capillary correctly they will get 2 out of 3.

sedated_mind

HSC
yeh i finished the exam in one and a half hours, was a lot easier than i expected and i didnt really study much, i know i lost about 6 marks here and there but other than that i think i did well

Talon010

HSC
yeah pretty easy, for that egg one i did wisking egg white bein a gas in liquid colloid.

helloash

HSC
ggarfag said:
It was a vein. The question was for 3 marks though .. so i'm sure if someone said it was an artery and compared an artery to a capillary correctly they will get 2 out of 3.

i thought it was a vein as well because arteries have thicker muscular walls compare to veins and the wall bit in the diagram wasnt very thick, i must say it was a very crap pic to work that out

randomstudent

HSC
hahah, i did an artery as well, it usually leads from top to bottom, artery>capillary>vein, dang. i wrote AUSSAT(lucky i read over it in the morning) and i put mayo and egg whites in a salad dressing =)

hoping to achieve 90+

Trizzay

HSC
it was an artery... veins have a wider diameter then the arteries, the blood flow arrows made it obvious that it was traveling from a blood vessel through the capillaries to another blood vessel - the only possibility is that of artery>capillaries>veins because its impossible for blood to go back from the veins through the capillaries and into the arteries lol..
Furthermore whilst the picture was kinda bad, I'm sure the white crap surrounding the blood vessel was meant to be representative of the muscles and as we know arteries have muscular walls while veins do not

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
ggarfag said:
I'm sorry to tell you this dude but it was DEFINANTLY an artery. First the elastic and musclar walls were thicker then the veins and the lumen was smaller. Also the blood flow was directed into the capillaries, and as arteries divide into arterioles and then capillaries before combining into veins there is no doubt that it was an artery. Anyone who wrote artery and gave 2 difference would get 3 marks.
My 2 antibiotics were Erythromcyin, which interferes with protein synthesis and Tetracycline which inhibits the translation process.
I finished just as they said pens down but only because I wrote tonnes for every qs to ensure i got the marks.
Like with the antibiotics thing I included the bacteria that produces the antibiotic (Erythromycin produced by actinomyces, and Tetracycline produced by strepyomyces) as well as they bacteria they killed (both killed Pneumoniae and Chlamydiae).
I made sure they couldn't deduct marks anywhere, cause I'm aiming for an aligned mark of at least 98

randomstudent

HSC
behemoth100 said:
Like with the antibiotics thing I included the bacteria that produces the antibiotic (Erythromycin produced by actinomyces, and Tetracycline produced by strepyomyces) as well as they bacteria they killed (both killed Pneumoniae and Chlamydiae).
oh crap =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)