Telling the Truth: Media Watch was soo boring (1 Viewer)

ben

I watched Media Watch today at 1:45pm on ABC or whatever

My god it was soo boring. The web site has an archive of all the shows... Does anyone know of a date of a good show. One at least slighly interesting?

ben

Well the bits that I remained awake for weren't really.

I mean there was some thing about newspapers writing editorials on their sponsors. Don't know how relevant it is though.

Alex

Well that sounds like a good idea. Ive heard of newspapers ringing up people or organisations that were going to have an article written in the paper about them and asked if they would like to have an advertisement in the vicinity of that article. That idea follows a little I guess.

Morgues

Actually yesterdays episode would have been good supplementary material for the frontline episode "bigger fish to fry"

They were picking bits
from various Murdoch owned papers and News limited
owned newspapers and showing where they apply some
kind of censorship to advertising.

The point they were trying to make was that with certain
types of advertising to do with real estate they were
from what I can gather not running some ads because they
would take away or hurt business from companies that are
regular big advertisers in these various papers.

They also mentioned two reporters that were sifting through
the rubbish bin of Cheryl Kernot. Cheryl does appear in one of the Frontline episodes.

ben

Wow, thanks for relating that to Frontline, Morgues.

I've only seen The Seige and We Ain't Got Damns so far

--

Do you think there is much difference if we do say a section of Media Watch compared to say a movie?

i.e. it's taken me forever to write notes on a movie to use for Telling the Truth, but something like a part of Media Watch is much quicker to sort of analyse if you know what i mean.

Morgues

Media watch would be great to use
If you choose some complex book or movie as your related material your only disadvantaging yourself as the markers don't care about what the related material is as long as you can use it effectively to support your view

So point is a 5 minute segment of media watch will often be more useful then a 3 hour movie

ben

Originally posted by Morgues
So point is a 5 minute segment of media watch will often be more useful then a 3 hour movie
our school is forcing us to use a movie as one of them (for assessment task and trials)

ben

just wrote 10 pages of quotes and notes on the movie Erin Brochovich - took me forever to pause/play the video and get them down!!

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Telling the truth

Yeah, programs like Media Watch and all thoes jazz are gay!!
I thought Frontline was pretty funny; thoes lame ass jokes are always funny.

But i find it hard to actually describe the things frontline are actually saterising about current affairs media (i can understand what they are doing, but the how bit is hard to describe)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Erin Brockoich

My eng tutor told me to do Erin Brockovich for Telling Truth.

Basically, u can see the powerplay and the authorites who have control of the truth, but Erin - ur typical working class mum (with skimpy skirts a 2 knockers)- are able to dig up stuff to reveal the truth.

One good quote is:
the science guy with the glasses - cant remeber it, but it was along the lines of "incriminating evidence have a way of dissapearing"

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
OJ SImpson

We were gonna watch Wag The Dog in class, but some idiot hired it :/ !!

But we watched OJ Simpons docu, titled "Fall From Grace".
This is good coz u can clearly identify the devices used to construct an implied truth. Borring has hell though!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)