making up quotes (1 Viewer)

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
I just have a general question to ask...

If at any point, your brain is in deadlock and you cant think of any appropriate quotes, how viable is it to actually make one up to support wat your saying?

Like I mean its not something you would go in intending to do, but like if you were to make up one or two quotes to suit your needs, how do you think the markers would take it?

Like do you think that they wouldn't really know because unless they specifically go out and read the book again just to prove you wrong they couldn't know.

Its something Ive always considered doing but have never done it...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
depends on what your doing...like, for AoS, its totally cool to make up your entire extra material...but i wouldnt do it for your actual texts, remember the markers are all experienced teachers, they will know the texts inside out and back to front..and it is marked twice, so if on the off chance the first marker doesnt pick it up, the second probably will

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yeh, I agree... AOS you can bs till your heart is content. But don't make up quotes for the other modules. You can alter them slightly though, which is a bonus.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah...for the modules, if you want to fudge quotes (only do this when TOTALLY necessary, prob no more than once per essay at the most) put lots of ... in

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
"The ... eyes ... with ... motivation ... come ... for ... mashed potatoes ..." - Hamlet, Billy Shakeaspear.

Like that?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah...something like that, hurrotisrobbo!! i think you've got the idea!
lol

lose control

this guy in my year made up all of his quotes for poweplay- and came second in the year- the name he used (of where the quotes were actually coming from) was his grandfather

Huy

HSC
N/A
Module C (Frontline)

"Fuckin' cowboys..."
(Police Commissioner to Brian Thompson in "The Siege")

LOL (it was in the script) :D

Symone

Make up quotes

Yeah i reckon it is kewl 2 make up qoutes at certain times, its worked 4 me and even thoug the teachers are supposed to know stuff as if they ar egoing to know the exact words fro every single text anyway. Anyway if u r the stuffed makin up qoutes can b fun and passes the time!

Remember to eat, sleep and blink
blink 182

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
I make entire texts up, so i don't see whats wrong with using your creativity to add a few quote here and there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)