how do YOU think english essays are marked? (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
personally i reckon they take a stack of exams and throw them down a flight of stairs. The ones that get to the bottom stair gets top marks, the ones that get halfway gets average and the ones that stay near the top get the low marks..
what do YOu think/.???

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its alot more complex than that i reckon... there gotta aleast be a roulette wheel and a rotating dart board as well....

oh and separate staircases for different bands.... cuz someppl always remain in 1 band hahaha

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so what, are you relying on the ink making it heavier, thus going further down the stairs?

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
so what, are you relying on the ink making it heavier, thus going further down the stairs?
ooh.. never thought of it that way.. more you write, the further down... OK.. time to doodle :D

Ringo

I reckon it's a matter of just picking out key words

responder, position, context, techniques..... and then specific words for each module

i.e. Powerplay, pragmatic
Critical theory
transformations

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
lol ringo... r u sure?????
(that pen-ink theory looks pretty convincing to me...)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
well there's this lottery cage right, and the english teachers put heaps and heaps of lottery balls in it... there's only like one or two 20 balls, three or four 19 balls... anyway, they spin the said lottery balls round and round, until one perchance pops out... then they grab the bunch of papers and allocate each ball to each paper...

my school's english dept are poor; we couldn't afford a lottery cage so we use a wastepaper basket - that's why it takes longer to mark essays at my school (give or take 3 weeks)...

but after the hsc, me and the guys are going to buy the school a lottery cage complete with balls labelled 1 to 20... :rolleyes: efficiency +10%

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
english department at sbhs is a bloody circus... u got teachers flirting wit each other (in their 50s)... rigging marks... politics where they bully a teacher to resign her job... fuk.. i hate that stupid eng dep...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hmmm...i must've had fortune on my side then ay? :D:p

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
or just writing like 2 hsc booklets?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rukawasan
english department at sbhs is a bloody circus... u got teachers flirting wit each other (in their 50s)... rigging marks... politics where they bully a teacher to resign her job... fuk.. i hate that stupid eng dep...
i fully agree. :D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
or just writing like 2 hsc booklets?
I'm just gonna write one page per booklet and get 8 done :p

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
personally i reckon they take a stack of exams and throw them down a flight of stairs. The ones that get to the bottom stair gets top marks, the ones that get halfway gets average and the ones that stay near the top get the low marks..
what do YOu think/.???
I could swear I heard that that's how they mark uni papers. Oh well it's all the same I guess...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by enak
btw, whats the ribbon effect?
when u go into a 2nd, 3rd or more booklets, u have to tie ur papers up with a ribbon, hence the ribbon effect - markers go "ooo, ribbon, they must be good!"

starlyte

Originally posted by Minai
when u go into a 2nd, 3rd or more booklets, u have to tie ur papers up with a ribbon, hence the ribbon effect - markers go "ooo, ribbon, they must be good!"
ooooooooh.......... i should try that

is a roflcopter
HSC
our english staffroom operates an equitable marking system based upon communist doctrines

oh, you only got 10/15 for Module C? heres an 18/20 for your trials then. Ooo you got 14/15 for Module B, heres a 12/20 to make it fair

:D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im convinced my english faculty has fave students that always go well (lucky for me im one of them)
theres some people, even if they write something thats better than my work will only get 12-13/20, whereas i can write a peice of shit and get 17/20

keepin_sanity

Yep English marking is SOOO rigged! I could hand my teacher a piece of Shakespeares work, claim it as my own and I'd still only get 12/20 for it! lol!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
does anyone even wonder what marks the teachers would get if they were marking each other's papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)