memorising compositions (1 Viewer)

Daedalus

My friend wrote a very good composition, so is it ok if I memorised it and used it? Will the marker mind if he notices two very similar, almost identical compositions (since the same marker will be marking students from our school)?

this is for paper 1 question 2

ssj_goku

That might be dangerous. Apart from being a chance that it will be picked up on, if you try to use this directly, you may not have the familiarity necessary to mould it to the question. There's not really a prob with integrating some of the ideas or the lines you like better, so that might be the way to go.

There's an old cat saying: if you're going to eat tuna, expect bones.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Daedalus
yeah i guess i wont do that
Yes thats wise,
last year's paper asked u to specifically base your composition on the stimulus provided in the exam - theres no way u can prepare for something like that

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
bfore hand, it could b just good to have some story ideas in mind, as well as some metaphors, similies etc. and statements about change...and go over each trial paper and have an idea abt what u can write about then keep those ideas in mind.

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Just adding to Freaking_out's post, it's a good idea to think about some areas of change and examples for such changes (changing - environment, technology, education etc.). Usually one of those topics will coincide with the stuff you need to discuss for the composition.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Mordenkainen
Just adding to Freaking_out's post, it's a good idea to think about some areas of change and examples for such changes (changing - environment, technology, education etc.). Usually one of those topics will coincide with the stuff you need to discuss for the composition.
yeah, i'll b memorising a few compositions which talk about changing environment, relationship and self. and then i can usually mould them together in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)