related material - a film and a tv show? (1 Viewer)

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
Hi, I am thinking of doing "memento" - film ; and "changi" - tv show ; as part of my related material for the 50th gate. It just occured to me that these are similar in nature (i.e. both would employ film techniques etc).

Does this pose a problem? Or should it be ok?

Its obviously too late to read a novel, so I am definately not going to do that, but then i spose I could do the lyrsics to a song (as I could learn them easily in a short time) but then this might not allow me to explore history and memory in anywhere near enough detail.

I really want to do changi and memento as my related material but as I said, I dont know if this is a problem. Whats everyones thought?

Tegan_K

a friend of mine rang the HSC advice line, and you really shouldnt use these as they are of like nature. You shouldnt even use anything like your prescribed text Eg My Place (for AOS) and it was recommended that i dont even use a book for related material - the markers are looking at how y9ou can expand your knowledge with different types of text.

lose control

hmmm- i dunno.... im doing My Place for aos, 2 poems and a movie.... but when u think about it, the novel (or autobiography :p) will employ many of the same techniques as poems do... in a round about way....
if you're aiming for a band 6 then maybe u should think about choosing a few different types of texts, but if you're happy with a band 4-5 then i wouldn't go stressing yourself stupid at this point.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)