blade runner and bnw (1 Viewer)

kieransgirl

right guy there isnt really a thread on this so here one is.
i'd like to know everyones short description on wat they think nature and ect is in the two texts. how does it link to in the wild?

my opinion is that in both texts humanity is trying to control nature and humans natural rhythms. is that right? and the replicants in blade runner as more like humans than the humans are. this is because humans have forfeited freedom, individuality and emotions for technology or a utopian society?

anyone add to that?

ssj_goku

I would say that it also reflects humanity's moevements between the extremes of nature and artificiality (contrast between the Savage Reservation and the New World, and to some extent the contrast between the Nexus and the rest of society). I'm not completely sure about this, but I also believe this trade of is linked with the tradeoff between contentment and passion in both texts.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
nature has been marginalised (pushed aside) in these two texts and things such as technology have been put in it's place

also - human nature, is really only present in the form of John the Savage and the replicants - they are the only ones who are able to show true feelings and emotions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)