BNW BR Stuff (1 Viewer)

revoltism

OK i dont know if this has been posted,if so, direct me to it please
but can everyone get together and help each other out on
1. BNW Techniques
2. BR Techniques

remmeber dont need to be precise, unless u want to
but just a sentence of what techniquie is used for what, possible in what page or section of the movie.

Im lacking in techniques and i know theres a majority
i ahve no idea except for the first pages of BNW huxley uses discriptive negative language such as Cold, Dead, Corpse coloured to convey a world which has put natural rhythms and humanity at bay etc etc... some crap like that

cheers!

ssj_goku

This thread has some techniques
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14737

Here's a few others.
BR: The owl is a symbol of wisdom, the fact that the owl is artificial alludes to the notion that the wisdom by which the conquest of the natural by the artificial was achieved was false, (similar to the point of Tyrell's glasses due to the recurring eye metaphor throughout the film).
Batty is introduced as a figure of evil (Milton quote, name translates to mad king) but ascends as the film goes on (stigmata) and shows himself to be the most capable of passion (rage at the loss of Pris, compassion to Deckard).
Deckard is a reference to Descarte, (I think therefore I am), although the line itself is said by Pris, further obfuscating the true nature of what it is to be human, as does Deckard's questioning of his own humanity and Roy's attainment of his.
There's heaps of other techniques, such as the film noir stile.

BNW: Huxley purposely avoids making it easy for the reader to sympathise with any character, (Marx is meek, Lenita is licentious, and the Savage is sadomasochistic).
The Savage's actions in the final chapters could be an allusion to the story of Christ, (Probably from about Gethsemene) but this might be reaching a bit.
There is a juxtaposition of divinity and mysticism with artificiality, (e.g. the line "Gods in his Heaven, all is right with the world" is alluded to by the line "Ford's in his Flivver, all is right with the world, the T is also a play on the sign of the Cross).
The use of the names of Communists was a reference to the idea of a society sacrificing passion for contentment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)