Requiring a specific poem / speech / text from the stimulus document??? (1 Viewer)

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
I want to get this straight because I've been losing sleep over this for the past 2 weeks...

Can the HSC require you to:

Analyse a

1. Specific SKRZYNECKI POEM,
2. Specific SPEECH (from SPEECHES MODULE),
3. Specific text from the STIMULUS BOOKLET

I've seen past trial papers from schools saying... "Analyse this quote with reference to Margaret Atwood's 'Spotty Handed Villainesses' and two other speeches of your choosing"...

Can the HSC do this?!? If so, then shouldn't it be fair that they ask King Lear students to analyse a specific PRODUCTION?

What about the Skrzynecki poems???

How about the STIMULUS BOOKLET???

Thanks.

red_head

in out trial we had a specific poem. My teacher has a hunch they will ask something specific this year. As far as im concerned they can but........ IMO its unlikely

red_head

oh sorry yes they have done it in the past ( i was thinking bout something else) speeches that is. poems i dont know but as for the stimulus booklets its impossible for them to ask a specific text

SmokedSalmon

HSC
For the stimulus booklet hell no, never in a million years because then many people would be put at a disadvantage.
I am unsure about poetry selection as I do a prescribed text. They shouldn't do that for you because then it would be unfair again. It is like saying Analysing this quote with Millicent's and Paul's story from the Stolen Children blah blah blah... did i forget to mention there are about 15 stories in that book?

So chill out learn 2-3 poems, 2 of the stimulus booklet that you understand the best or fit with ur poetry and u'll be fine. It is the HSC by the way and not supposed to be the hardest exam ever. Should be the easiest. Well if you go to a private school you'll know what I mean.

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Shit!

What about the speeches?!? HTF do I learn 12 speeches in full detail! Help!

Have they ever nominated speeches? My past trial exam didn't so I was very happy. It was a section I rushed, yet I received one of my highest module marks in it... But it was my least prepared module! (i.e. 1hr on the exam morning ripping a summary for 3 of the speeches lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)