Are teachers biased? (1 Viewer)

Thowra

HSC
My teacher's such a dick, he says the stupidest things, and sometimes when my temper's up I can't help but snap at him. I've clashed with him twice, and I probably should stop getting angry, but will he be bearing a grudge? Will he start giving me crap marks becasue of this?

WannaBang?

HSC
If you are dissasfied with your mark and you have a genuine dispute, you should be able to get your paper remarked by another teacher. My school has the best system in place where you write a number instead of your name.

Just save your anger till the end of this year, and slash your teacher's tires. That's what I'm going to do.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Exphate said:
Teachers know how to mark objectively.
Agreed. They don't usually get involved in childish games of revenge to prove a point. They want you to go well, too.

phatchance

HSC
I entirely disagree, I had a massively disproportionate relationship between my HSC external and internal marks for English. On top of this the one Extension I test we took with student numbers I received the highest mark in the grade, from a below average mark previously. Teachers are human beings like everyone else, if a teacher bears a particular grudge, or even favourable perception of an individual, those things are invariably going to alter their evaluation of the persons work.

It's a product of context, that's the driving force behind what you're studying through much of the HSC. If your marks decline as a result of your behaviour appeal it earnestly. I strongly regret not pushing my appeals to a higher level, the school was extremely quick to write off the possibility, given the complications it creates for them.

Silph

HSC
Yes they are, know your teachers well.

Outta nowhere, this teacher just started hating me. Maybe some students said something to him about me? But damn, everything that happens in science class he'd blame on me.

And on the board with 3 questions (2 very similar, 1 hard) he'd gimme the hard one lol.

Man now im scared to choose physics for prelim cause of him =_=

CelltechFTW

HSC
seriously they are its pathetic if u ask me.. heres a personal experience..

i have a friend who done 4u english in 07, got 93 scaled mark for it, overall got a 98 UAI. he gave me his essay which was completely geniune all made by him, which he got 19/20 for at his school (which is a SELECTIVE school)..

i literaly submited the SAME essay to my teacher for a very similar assesment, i get my mark back and end up geting 13/20 ???

lmao can any1 see the irony in this lol...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
CelltechFTW said:

i have a friend who done 4u english in 07, got 93 scaled mark for it, overall got a 98 UAI. he gave me his essay which was completely geniune all made by him, which he got 19/20 for at his school (which is a SELECTIVE school)..

i literaly submited the SAME essay to my teacher for a very similar assesment, i get my mark back and end up geting 13/20 ???

its not irony and you're a moron for resubmitting someone elses work.

deal with it. if a teachers got a problem with you, dont give them an excuse to take anything away from you. if you deserve an a band mark, youll get it, it may just be a little altered because theyve got a problem with your style or something petty. rise above it and work harder. bitching doesnt help

results, not excuses

rachelurquhart

HSC
your an idiot.
of course this teacher will mark you down.
you had better start doing some serious ass licking. :)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Some teachers are biased.
And I find that it's much worse for english teachers.

michael1990

HSC
To a certain degree all teachers are biased.
Although they shouldn't be.

If ever you were given a bad mark by him/her that you disagree with there are avenues which you can explore to have your assessment remarked. I suggest you take these offers up as it is YOUR HSC.

michael1990

HSC
CelltechFTW said:

For starters, did you complete the modules ALL MY OWN WORK?

You do understand the severe consequences for plagiarism?
http://amow.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/module3/module3summary.html

With english, it all depends on the marker. If you have a great plan of attack that involves the responder and gets the responder thinking, in this case the marker you will usually be rewarded for it. You still have to answer the question, but if the marker likes the way you have answered the question you will most likely be rewarded.

To a certain degree most teachers are biased, besides mathematics teachers lol. They have no power, its either correct or incorrect.

If you don't like the mark given go to the Head Teacher Welfare and get your paper remarked. Although, i wouldn't suggest this in your case as you plagerised.

CelltechFTW

HSC
lol yes i did do ALLMYOWNWORK for ur information.. but realisticly how are u gona get caught.. i go to a completely different school, completely different year.. theres a beter chance wining the olympics than geting caught lol..

also dont be quick to call me out as an "idiot". i was merely showing the extent to which bias occurs at school, esp. in the english department! Basicly it all comes down to how much a teacher likes you. You could talk the biggest crap in a essay nd get top marks if ur on their good side, its ridicilous.

English is a stupid subject, wayy too much bias. Whos to say that your interpretatiton on something is wrong and the teachers view is always 100% correct??? thats why i love maths lol ders always 1 answer haha no bias :):D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
you could not talk crap and still get great marks.
thats why theres marking guidelines.
to an extent, if your personal voice and understanding of a module is high but your textual references and style are weaker, you WILL be pushed up mark wise slightly. they never underestimate the importance of a personal voice in an essay.
but other than that, if you dont meet the criteria, and just bullshit well, youre not likely to get more than a low c band.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I feel happy that I am not the only one experiencing this, then again I feel sad that I am.

I am having same teacher since yr 9 and she is obviously bias and incapable of comprehending complex ideas.
My SC mark were too massively disporportionate and i think this is becausec markers r smarter

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
agreed
english is the worst when it comes to bias!

thats why numbers instead of names should be written on the papers!

In my half yearly the only section that my own teacher marked is where i got the shittest marks in, and when he marks my essays he may aswell put 12/20 on it or 14/20 on it because its either those two marks that he gives me

lionking1191

HSC
CelltechFTW said:
lol yes i did do ALLMYOWNWORK for ur information.. but realisticly how are u gona get caught.. i go to a completely different school, completely different year.. theres a beter chance wining the olympics than geting caught lol..

also dont be quick to call me out as an "idiot". i was merely showing the extent to which bias occurs at school, esp. in the english department! Basicly it all comes down to how much a teacher likes you. You could talk the biggest crap in a essay nd get top marks if ur on their good side, its ridicilous.

English is a stupid subject, wayy too much bias. Whos to say that your interpretatiton on something is wrong and the teachers view is always 100% correct??? thats why i love maths lol ders always 1 answer haha no bias :):D
the point is you dont do it

retard

CelltechFTW

HSC
lmfao im the retard ? yet i have spend 0 effort and 0 time and 0 worry in order to achieve a somewhat decent mark compared to every 1 else, WITH i repeat again ZERO effort.

if that makes me a retard so be it lol guess that makes me 1 happy retart who has never put a mere 10% effort in english and yet always goten above the average:D

n e ways, ill leave you to do your "detailed" reading of texts and analysis in order to get better results than me budd ;) mwaa

lionking1191

HSC
CelltechFTW said:
lmfao im the retard ? yet i have spend 0 effort and 0 time and 0 worry in order to achieve a somewhat decent mark compared to every 1 else, WITH i repeat again ZERO effort.

if that makes me a retard so be it lol guess that makes me 1 happy retart who has never put a mere 10% effort in english and yet always goten above the average:D

n e ways, ill leave you to do your "detailed" reading of texts and analysis in order to get better results than me budd ;) mwaa
yes you are a retard. cheating is retarded

wow. thats quite a few times you've stressed the "zero effort." yes i actually write my own essays, *gasp* and guess what? they take the least effort in comparison to other subjects

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)