How to write a 20/20 creative writing? (1 Viewer)

HYP

HSC
Hey guy n girls, iam wondering how do u write a 20/20 in your yearlies exam in yr 11. ive found that in my previous exams in previous years, ive only got a max. mark of 16/20 for the creative writing section.

COuld previous ppl who've achieved/ close to achieving 20/20 give some tips/ advice. Also if u could send me a copy of ur story it will be great, so i can get the gist of what i need to incorporate in my writing. My email/ msn is hyp_paulus_67@hotmail.com

Thx.:)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
original plotline
really good structure
sophisticated control of language

basically it! :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: How to write a 20/20 creative writing?

inspiration at the time.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: How to write a 20/20 creative writing?

yeah. that helps too. just edit it a lot as well

melonkitten

HSC

copying someone elses 20/20 response.

lionking1191

HSC

melonkitten said:
copying someone elses 20/20 response.
that's usually a 0/20 if you don't get away with it

HSC
Simple idea. I advise you to not write it as if you're starting the story, most good responses are non linear. More importantly, make sure there is a journey involved for the reader and character. SHOW not TELL.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
TIP:

- Have an already prepared storyline. I'm basically talking about the whole story. Write it at home, refine it and then revise it. When you sit the exam you have a story to write that you can mould around the stimulus. I've done that before and come out with 19/20.

I know it's just one more thing to remember, however it prevents impromptu thinking where if you're not the best 'spontaneous thinker' you can loose time and be stuck for a plot and a well structured story.

HSC
I rarely have a pre-prepared story, but instead many settings and events that I use for a base for inspiration after I recieve the stimulus.

Importantly, you need to know where you are going. Possible places to end the story. If you write without a direction it turns out poorly.

lionking1191

HSC
veloc1ty said:
I rarely have a pre-prepared story, but instead many settings and events that I use for a base for inspiration after I recieve the stimulus.

Importantly, you need to know where you are going. Possible places to end the story. If you write without a direction it turns out poorly.
in the HSC you always have a prepared story. something that is conjured up fresh on the spot can never match the quality of one that is prepared beforehand and taylored to the stimulus

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
lionking1191 said:
in the HSC you always have a prepared story. something that is conjured up fresh on the spot can never match the quality of one that is prepared beforehand and taylored to the stimulus
Spelling would also be good so as to to 'tailor' one's response to fit the question.

I also know 2 state ranking students in past HSC's who did theirs 'on the spot' by focusing intently on the phrasing and terms of the question (though their idea was drawn from universal sources of inspiration beforehand).

And to everyone: creative writing is out of 15, just like Sections I and III in AOS HSC.

Robin Hood

HSC
lionking1191 said:
Ok, never had i had a pre prepared story and i came out average and writing about 2 pages maybe) but i just did my AOS exam and had a pre prepared story that took about 4 1/2 pages and i feel really confident about it since it was really easy to mould the question into my story since it was relevant. I'll find out in a few weeks on how i went. :)

melonkitten

HSC
Robin Hood said:
Ok, never had i had a pre prepared story and i came out average and writing about 2 pages maybe) but i just did my AOS exam and had a pre prepared story that took about 4 1/2 pages and i feel really confident about it since it was really easy to mould the question into my story since it was relevant. I'll find out in a few weeks on how i went. :)
lolsuptroll

SimonLee13

HSC
wendus said:
original plotline
really good structure
sophisticated control of language

basically it! :)
You know, there is a finite number of basic plots yeah?

danz90

HSC
Lol it's impossible for me to write a 20/20 creative writing. That's the thing I'm really worried about from my English papers. The only thing that will drag me down the most, unfortunately.

Hatta

HSC
As with writing anything well, practice it! Write answers to past papers and shove them at your teacher again and again, and LISTEN TO THE FEEDBACK! (Of course, it is more likely to work if you ask nicely...)

Also, when writing, keep an eye on the tone of your work and try to keep it consistent. Other things people mess up on are switching perspective with no reason to, easily missed things like that. Though I guess that'd be better than what I did in my trails, which was cross out the first-person version and scrawl it out in third. Erg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)