"it is possible to pass english with flying colours by making up bullshit." (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Yes.

Story about killer koalas killing bush hikers? 14/15.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
umm yes definitely agree with
= yes
=/= excel

lmao koalas killing bushhikers?

bachem

HSC
yES, i did it by talking alot of rubbish, and kind of making my own quotes

ahh gota love talking rubbish!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pass = Yes
With flying colours = Maybe

That being said - I wouldn't start bludging around in English. =\

HSC
Yes! I do it all the time. Seriously, English is so subjective that you really can't be wrong, given you make a half-assed attempt to justify your answers.

Also, this technique can be used for other subjects as well. All you've got to do is make up a whole lot of drivel using big words and cunning comparisons/analogies which usually results in the marker being driven in circles. This technique is good for questions you have no idea about, and you may wish to salvage some marks. For example, for my economics trials, there was a question I had no idea about, but I still managed to write 6 lines (i.e. i filled up the recommended lines) and I scored a 3/5!. Use this technique and you're sure to score high marks. Seriously, for English, i always make up quotes and scenes which never existed. I also create fake documents and case studies for my other social science subjects.

Maths on the other hand...

worbonom

HSC
English isn't really that hard to bullshit about.

I did it once. And got over 90%.

I don't know how though. So no pointers unfortunately.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
Yes! I do it all the time. Seriously, English is so subjective that you really can't be wrong, given you make a half-assed attempt to justify your answers.

Also, this technique can be used for other subjects as well. All you've got to do is make up a whole lot of drivel using big words and cunning comparisons/analogies which usually results in the marker being driven in circles.
No, that is not all you've got to do... that usually results in being marked down if you don't know even know what you're saying.
And if the marker IS driven in circles by what you're saying, that's not good eiher - you don't get marks for poor clarity in expressing how you've understood your texts and ideas of the module.

chockorepublic said:
Use this technique and you're sure to score high marks. Seriously, for English, i always make up quotes and scenes which never existed. I also create fake documents and case studies for my other social science subjects.
Integrity? Well, even if you don't have morals for this subject you're going to get a bit of an awakening then for the HSC exam mark-wise.

HSC
Patar said:
No, that is not all you've got to do... that usually results in being marked down if you don't know even know what you're saying.
And if the marker IS driven in circles by what you're saying, that's not good eiher - you don't get marks for poor clarity in expressing how you've understood your texts and ideas of the module.

Integrity? Well, even if you don't have morals for this subject you're going to get a bit of an awakening then for the HSC exam mark-wise.
no no no. The technique of driving the marker in circles can't be used for English. I've found it's more suited to the social sciences.

Also, I've been scoring really high marks for my subjects, bar maths, for which you cannot make up bullshit.

HSC
katie tully said:
integrity, lol.
settle down, it's the HSC
exactly what i thought. the hsc is a game, and either you play it, or the other players will.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Haha english is hilarious. Everything is a text nowadays. My friend used his teddy bear in an assessment and got 14/15 for it. I usually just use the set texts and occasionally whatever song is in my head at the time. Its easy to pass by making up bullshit, but you have to have some level of sophistication and intelligence to excel by saying crap. The thing I've been doing for the past couple of weeks and will continue to do until the hsc exams in every english class is just read the dictionary. As much as people say that markers aren't impressed by big words, they are.

[Edit]: Word of the day: Insalubrious - Unhealthy, when referring to a place or climate.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I made up so much crap in English trial and thoguht it was an epic fail. I actually done my best ever and got nearly 90!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)