Poetic / Language Techniques (1 Viewer)

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Hey

I'm doing an english past paper right now and I'm rather confused. The question is:

- The child is impatient to become an adult. How is this idea developed through the use of language and poetic techniques?

The poem is attached below, this question is from the Oatley Preliminary paper 2007.

My problem is that I'm really not sure HOW the language or poetic techniques develop this idea... as in, I could answer the question if it was "How does the poem show the child is impatient to become an adult?" OR "What language or poetic techniques are used?", but putting the two together, it simply is a bit much for me.

Would anybody have any ideas on how to answer this question? Help would be much appreciated.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
not bothered to read the poem, so i'm talking generalities. "How does the poem show the child is impatient to become an adult?" involves poetic and language techniques in itself. it's pretty much the same thing as they question you're being asked.

for example, if enjambment was used, you can argue that this reflects or recreates the movement of a journey or an ongoing process of progression. or something like that, you get my drift.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
wendus said:
not bothered to read the poem, so i'm talking generalities. "How does the poem show the child is impatient to become an adult?" involves poetic and language techniques in itself. it's pretty much the same thing as they question you're being asked.
Oh. xD My answer would have been rather ... general, just retelling the section, not that I'm saying that I would get many marks for it.

Still struggling with this sort of stuff though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)