Cheating in HSC English (1 Viewer)

sirfeathers

HSC
Who knows people who cheat in HSC English? As in regurgitating essays/ portions of essays written by previous HSCers, getting unfair special prov allowments etc...

I will be the first to put my hand up.

Lukybear

HSC
How can you paraphrase past HSC answers. Dont they change the question every year??

Also with the special provisions how are they unfair, eg??

sirfeathers

HSC
Lukybear said:
How can you paraphrase past HSC answers. Dont they change the question every year??
Yes, but generally the questions are so similar that you can pretty much change any essay to any answer. In some modules eg. with King Lear and "In The Wild" they are becoming more and more aware of this and adjusting essay Qs accordingly (I think).

Lukybear said:
Also with the special provisions how are they unfair, eg??
Obviously many people are legitimately special prov, but I for one know several people who get extra writing time for "conditions" such as sweaty palms, "just being a slow writer" etc - and without medical proof. I do think it's stupid that English exams are such a test of physicality, but we should all be on the same playing field.

HSC
N/A
Lukybear said:
The basis of the question will remain the same every year, its easy to adapt a previous broad hsc question/answer to any of the others, not that i know from experiance :ninja:

Edit: The above reply wasnt there when i started mine :eek:

Dota55

HSC
OP reported.

edit: kidding! kidding! :)

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
OP means orriginal poster.

Hmm it's not good practice but it is not cheating either ... as long as they don't bring a copy into the exam/submit it as homework.

sirfeathers

HSC
Affinity said:
Hmm it's not good practice but it is not cheating either ... as long as they don't bring a copy into the exam/submit it as homework.
Arrrrm... it is plagiarism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)