Anyone have any techniques/tips on how to write faster? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I can only manage to spew out around 800 words per 40 minutes in my English exams with messy writing, no thinking time and no editing time either.

I really want to do better and hopefully double that amount, because at the moment I'm finding I'm not able to express myself properly (e.g. cutting out the last three paragraphs I had planned and writing a one sentence made-up conclusion in the last 60 seconds that is not contextual to what I was previously writing).

Techniques, tips, hints and emotional ridicule are all appreciated. :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Ethanescence said:
I can only manage to spew out around 800 words per 40 minutes in my English exams with messy writing, no thinking time and no editing time either.

I really want to do better and hopefully double that amount, because at the moment I'm finding I'm not able to express myself properly (e.g. cutting out the last three paragraphs I had planned and writing a one sentence made-up conclusion in the last 60 seconds that is not contextual to what I was previously writing).

Techniques, tips, hints and emotional ridicule are all appreciated. :)
write heaps with a heavy pen then on your exams have a reallt light pen

HSC
I saw my friend do this and she said it makes you write faster. She tied a battery to the top of her pen, which made it heavier.

vasuu91

HSC
yea i wrote my notes throughout the year with a rubber tied to one end of my pen...and now i write in exams with a light pen.
do what people have said^^ write practice essays and stuff and time yourself.

HSC
Hah I tried the weighted pen thing for a week, it was so annoying. It probably works if you stick with it though.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
stress ball to strengthen your hand muscles

lighter pens in exams, heavy ones for study (though this doesnt get your speed up during practise, you can feel the difference in exams apparently)

write on an angle in running writing

spend part of your reading times rubbing and flexing your hands. i do, and jesus it makes a difference

SimonLee13

HSC
1. Buy a smoother pen
2. Stick something heavy on your pen(rubber, battery)
3. Write out practice essays to get your thoughts together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)