The Thesis. (1 Viewer)

magik22

HSC
Hey people! Throughout the whole year, the english teachers at my school have constantly said not to introduce your texts in the thesis. They said that its a waste of time and that in the body when you use the texts, the marker will know what text you're already using. Introducing the texts in the thesis won't get you any works anyways so you might as well just use that time to develop a constructive sentence. Thats what I've been told the whole year...

What do you guys think? Because ever since I started learning English...teachers have always told me you should introduce your texts in the first paragraph/introuduction.

Thx everyone.

Glenjamin

HSC
N/A
I think your a little confused. In your introduction you include both your thesis and the texts you're going to us. I think you only have to mention your texts by name in your introduction...thats all.

magik22

HSC
Glenjamin said:
I think your a little confused. In your introduction you include both your thesis and the texts you're going to us. I think you only have to mention your texts by name in your introduction...thats all.

Thats the thing...the teachers were saying the introduction IS the thesis. Even the slightest brief mention is considered a waste of time to them because you get absolutely no marks even though you would think because you have structure you would get marks. We had like a huge argument in class over this because personally I don't believe a brief mention of the texts take that much time anyways.

Regardless of this, I still mention the texts in the intro but I always get comments like...don't list the texts.

Anyone get comments like these?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
your introduction is NOT your thesis.

I think you would get docked in the HSC for not introducing your texts - you do get marked on structure and writing in the correct form.

Just introduce your texts, I mean how long is it going to take you - 20 seconds? Better be safe then sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)