Some good justice related texts? (1 Viewer)

eleanor346

HSC
For our Year 11 English Advanced class, we are doing a unit on Justice. We watched the movie The Constant Gardener and have an essay coming up soon, and we have to find a supporting text. I'm not sure about any good justice texts, and our teacher said we couldn't use To Kill a Mockingbird. I was thinking about Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, is that a good choice?

Has anybody else's school done this movie and have any good tips for the essay or have any information related to it?

Anything would be appreciated...I'm really stuck :/

Thank you :)

Last edited:
HSC
The Oresteia, particularly The Eumenides.

I also think you should check out books from the crime fiction genre which always inevitably encounters issues of justice/injustice.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
Most schools require your related text to be a different text type to your main text-therefore unless okayed by your teacher, you should not do 2 feature films. Four Corners did a story a few months ago on the ex policeman Mark Standen who turned out to be corrupt, it's called Standen: The Inside Man and can be viewed on ABC iview at this address. http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2011/08/15/3291474.htm
It's a documentary and offers some interesting insights on Justice as well as lots of techniques. You need to have a thesis about 'Justice' that your study of these texts has developed as part of your essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)