Skrzynecki as second related? (1 Viewer)

ThatHSCKid

HSC
A bit late I know, but just wondering: If The Simple Gift is my prescribed text, would it be fine to select my third AoS text as Skrzynecki? I mainly wonder because it is also on the prescription list (but I have NOT studied it in class), and it also falls under the category of Poetry, much like TSG. I'd be looking at analysing one poem and writing a short paragraph on it in the exam making it my second related text.

Thanks.

mreditor16

HSC
A bit late I know, but just wondering: If The Simple Gift is my prescribed text, would it be fine to select my third AoS text as Skrzynecki? I mainly wonder because it is also on the prescription list (but I have NOT studied it in class), and it also falls under the category of Poetry, much like TSG. I'd be looking at analysing one poem and writing a short paragraph on it in the exam making it my second related text.

Thanks.
You are allowed to :) but it is frowned upon, and markers will subconsciously mark you down on it. It's because it looks like you've taken the cheap way out, especially considering the wealth of resources available about it. So take that into consideration :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much ^

If after one year, all you could find as a related is another prescribed. seriously sending alarm bells to the marker.

ThatHSCKid

HSC
I suppose that is a decent logic. I guess I'll reach into other poetry that links well into Belonging. I just didn't consider a second related text up till this morning, when it suddenly hit me that the HSC could require two relateds.

Well, I'll just analyse one now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)