Asap help in adv english marks (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I received 93 (around that, its def in 90's) for internals and Im coming first out of 17. If I completely fuck up externals, like a 70, what would my mark roughly be? ASAP IM GOING TO DIE!

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
not really but still ur internal mark is really good so i doubt that even if u do get a 70 (which u wont), u would still get a mark in the low to mid 80s, and it might go up considering aligning and scaling

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
not really but still ur internal mark is really good so i doubt that even if u do get a 70 (which u wont), u would still get a mark in the low to mid 80s, and it might go up considering aligning and scaling
Sweeeeet. Thanks! I only want an 83.

simplyinsanity

HSC
It depends what your school rank is nourah. If your school is not very competitive and you're coming first by a lot (ie you come first in the HSC even with a mark of 70), your final mark will be 70. However, if your school's marks are closer together, the drop will not be as much.

But make sure to keep calm and I'm sure you will do fine :)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends what your school rank is nourah. If your school is not very competitive and you're coming first by a lot (ie you come first in the HSC even with a mark of 70), your final mark will be 70. However, if your school's marks are closer together, the drop will not be as much.

But make sure to keep calm and I'm sure you will do fine :)
Its in the 400's lol. And there is at least 9 marks between me and 2nd place. Do you still reckon I can leave with an 83 though if I get an exam mark of 70?

astroman

HSC
Its in the 400's lol. And there is at least 9 marks between me and 2nd place. Do you still reckon I can leave with an 83 though if I get an exam mark of 70?
yes, just take an average for simplicity sake

(70+93)/2=82 (close enough lel)

simplyinsanity

HSC
If you get an exam mark of 70 (after moderation) and no-one in your school cohort scores better, unfortunately your final mark will be 70.

However, if someone in your school does achieve a higher mark than you, you will get the average of {your mark (70) and theirs (eg 90)} which would give you a final mark of around 80

But personally, I think you're worrying too much, just relax and try your best tomorrow and you should be fine :)

simplyinsanity

HSC
Astroman, that's incorrect because the 93 is his internal raw mark and will change based on how cohort goes in final exams.

Last edited:

simplyinsanity

HSC
I think OP can get his 83 too.

But if he gets a 70 in the externals and nobody in his school beats him, his internal mark will not be 93 (It'll be 70)

simplyinsanity

HSC
*She. Sorry OP!

This thread is about the hypothetical for if OP gets 70 in externals.

Otherwise, she'll probably get something like 85 - external, which becomes 85 for internals --> Final mark : 85

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)