How to make English notes? (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Currently I'm thinking that for each text I will do:

-background/context as well as purpose and form/medium
-relation to unit e.g. people, power and politics would be the political views in the text etc.
-themes/ideas based each aspect of the syllabus and quotes as well as their techniques for each theme
-characters including an analysis and key quotes for each
-thesis and paragraph bank based on themes
-notes as I go through the whole text on events, writing style, quotes/techniques, character's feelings etc. that I will later categorise

And for the related text similar except identifying similarities and differences between the texts in relation to ideas as well.

Not sure if this is how I should be taking notes for English? I didn't take any note in prelim but I think it would help me. Anybody have any thoughts on how to make notes for English?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
sample for you

instead of rote-learning essays, know your quotes, techniques and the relevant themes/questions they can be used, as well as strong thesis statements.

ENGLISH NOTES 2014 SYLLABUS
TEXTS:
AOS: Skyznecki's Immigrant Chronicle
Module A (Texts in Time): Shelley's Frankenstein and Scott's Blade Runner
Module B: Shakespeare's Hamlet
Module C (History & Memory): Baker's 50th Gate
...Related Texts have been removed...

BOS doesn't let me upload .docx files which is just silly because it should, so I have zipped it...
View attachment 31110

swagmeister

HSC
sample for you

instead of rote-learning essays, know your quotes, techniques and the relevant themes/questions they can be used, as well as strong thesis statements.

ENGLISH NOTES 2014 SYLLABUS
TEXTS:
AOS: Skyznecki's Immigrant Chronicle
Module A (Texts in Time): Shelley's Frankenstein and Scott's Blade Runner
Module B: Shakespeare's Hamlet
Module C (History & Memory): Baker's 50th Gate
...Related Texts have been removed...

BOS doesn't let me upload .docx files which is just silly because it should, so I have zipped it...
View attachment 31110
Ok yup so I think I get the general idea, notes on context as well as thesis and quotes based on themes. Thanks so much for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)