HELP! Thesis writing (1 Viewer)

happy_turtle

HSC
Hey! I really suck at english and essay writing and writing theses so I was wondering if someone could give me some tips or pointers. We are doing betrayal and atonement for our first topic and the question is:

"There is a way to be good again"
To what extent is this concept emphasised in The Kite Runner and Atonement?

Thank you heaps!!! :cool:

Emerald7736

HSC
Hey there

Thesis are easy if you understand how to write them. I was taught to read the question that was given to me and define any words that I didn't know the meaning of. Also never use any word from the question in your thesis, go to a thesaurus and find another word that means the same and use it in your thesis. For example instead of using the word good, you could use exceptional, great, honorable etc... Take the question apart and you will find it so much easier to write a thesis statement. All your really doing is re-writing the question and talking about the themes and techniques you will incorporating into your essay.

example:

"There is an approach that allows greatness to be seen over and over through the abstraction of The Kite Runner and Atonement. These texts are highlighted by the themes of........

not the best thesis, but just a quick example, hope this helps. Good luck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)