Dropping advanced english good or bad idea? (1 Viewer)

RedWings01

HSC
N/A
Well just started year 11 this year and I picked advanced English because I wanted to try it out. Well the first assignment was just due today and I'm pretty sure I interpreted the question wrong. Got an essay due next week and I'm completely stuck. Never had this problem before back last year where I could think of something if I tried but when I try to think what to write i'm 100% stuck. Can't even relate my related text to Othello.

Opinions please. Should I just drop to standard ENG where it will be more straightfoward and easier for me or attempt to do advanced? I think I failed my assignment and have no idea what to do for my essay. If you were me would you stick around and see or just drop. Thanks hopefully someone can convince me.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Bad idea. The scaling is awful, and it is very difficult to attain a band 6.

Adopt a different method when adressing your questions. Have a chat with you teacher as he/she can tell you possible areas of improvement.

Go to your teacher and ask for help - they are your best assest.

Hope this helps :)

astroman

HSC
standard is not much easier, you will just have lower expectations on how you write.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
standard is not much easier, you will just have lower expectations on how you write.
You will find it harder to get a Band 6 in Standard than you would in advance OP. Make the smart decision, work on your english and don't drop

atcha

HSC
N/A
Just live off your teacher and you should be able to develop your abilities.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Bad idea. The scaling is awful, and it is very difficult to attain a band 6.

Adopt a different method when adressing your questions. Have a chat with you teacher as he/she can tell you possible areas of improvement.

Go to your teacher and ask for help - they are your best assest.

Hope this helps :)
Aligning is bad. Not scaling.But don't drop Advanced English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)