Is Frost's Mending Wall interpersonal discovery? (1 Viewer)

luo_ge

HSC
Is Frost's Mending Wall interpersonal discovery?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I would say so. I interpreted it as the main character getting to know his neighbour (therefore interpersonal discovery)

I would say there are probably stronger themes though.

luo_ge

HSC
I would say so. I interpreted it as the main character getting to know his neighbour (therefore interpersonal discovery)

I would say there are probably stronger themes though.
would u say the interpersonal discovery present in somewhat unexpected?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
would u say the interpersonal discovery present in somewhat unexpected?
Yes I would say unexpected but due to the climax being elsewhere and not on the interpersonal discovery, there isn't really a true emphasis on it being unexpected. I think you could focus on the fact the discovery is the reader realising the importance of the wall (thats probably the greatest discovery there is). I would have to sit down and analyse it but skimming it, Ive come to those conclusions. My advice is definitely not the best though.

luo_ge

HSC
Yes I would say unexpected but due to the climax being elsewhere and not on the interpersonal discovery, there isn't really a true emphasis on it being unexpected. I think you could focus on the fact the discovery is the reader realising the importance of the wall (thats probably the greatest discovery there is). I would have to sit down and analyse it but skimming it, Ive come to those conclusions. My advice is definitely not the best though.
thanks for the help

Kat92

HSC
Sort of in a way, as wall-building is social, both in the sense of “societal” and “sociable.” What seems an act of anti-social self-confinement can, thus, ironically, be interpreted as a great social gesture. Perhaps the speaker does believe and discovers that good fences make good neighbours— for again, it is he who initiates the wall-mending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)