can't write anything decent, need feedback or advice !! (1 Viewer)

deadbird

HSC
my marks average 60-70 while most of my other subjects are 85+
the trial exam is tomorrow (paper 1: area of study) and i really have no idea what i'm doing as most work i've given to my teacher she says is too esoteric, but when i try and take a more formulaic approach that sticks to the rubric etc it turns out extremely shit lol.
if anyone could give me feedback on some of my essays for area of discovery/mod a, b, c or has been in a similar situation plZzZZZZzz reply thank u so much :angel:

god life is futile

Sp3ctre

HSC
From my experience, people getting marks within 60-70% in English Advanced are usually not analysing enough quotes or using techniques to address them. Since I can't really tell where exactly you're going wrong at the moment, I can make an educated guess that you can push yourself to 80% by incorporating at least 6 quotes (I usually do 8-10) and techniques, at least one technique for each quote.

Most teachers are also really picky with paragraph structuring, they will almost always tell you to use an acronym such as PEEL, TEEL or whatever one they teach you, they're all the same. Just make sure that for your body paragraphs, you always begin with a topic sentence (which then needs to be linked back to from your analysis of quotes), then 2-3 quotes, all of which should be followed by a technique and analysis, and finally your link to your topic sentence.

Also, you can find a whole list of literary techniques here to help you along the way:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/4/english/327855/complete-literary-technique-list.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)