Related and prescribed texts (1 Viewer)

cloud edwards

HSC
A my related text be a prescribed text that i'm not studying. For example my prescribed texts are:
Film – Rolf de Heer, Ten Canoes

and i want to do:
• Nonfiction – Alain de Botton, The Art of Travel

These both are prescribed texts. BUt i'm not doing The art of travel in class. Can i still choose Art of travel as my related text?

polskicygan

HSC
Double check in both the prescribed texts document and the English syllabus, but I'm almost 100% sure that you cannot use a prescribed text as a related text EVEN IF you aren't studying it at your school. Besides, it might be a good idea to use a lesser known related text or at least one that isn't prescribed, that way the markers won't be comparing it to other similar responses.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
A my related text be a prescribed text that i'm not studying. For example my prescribed texts are:

and i want to do:

These both are prescribed texts. BUt i'm not doing The art of travel in class. Can i still choose Art of travel as my related text?
The art of travel is a prescribed Mod C text for english advanced so your school will most likely not allow it

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

and i want to do:

Yeah you can pick prescribed texts it's just not really recommended as you need to show skill in picking an effective related text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)