Creative writing for english (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hi everyone,

I need to start thinking about a creative writing piece for English Advanced on Discovery. I was thinking of a story about a girl who knows she's adopted and is on a quest to find her birth mother, but I have a feeling it is going to be too cliche or predictable and I DON'T want that.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my current idea better or more original, or any other ideas completely? ANY reply would be appreciated!

Thank you!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest most of the storylines to creative stories people write are cliche, but that's not really that important cause the markers aren't expecting you to create some inception, mind-blowing story. The more important thing is how you write like descriptive capabilities, effectively using dialogue, ability to use different language techniques like truncated sentences, alliteration, metaphors etc. to skilfully display the emotions felt by the character in that setting without literally saying like 'I felt sad' and also connecting to different aspects of the discovery rubric.

My story I wrote was like about a girl who didn't fit in at school, had a shitty step mother, was struggling with the lose of her mum and she rediscovered her connection to her mum through experiences with nature and found peace. Yeah I know sounds so cliche but hey I got good in the HSC exam so that proves you can write a cliche story, with good use of the stuff I talked about above and get a good mark.

Here's a bit of what I wrote: Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 6.15.00 pm.png

frog1944

HSC
Jazz519 how did you know if your creative would fit the questions they could ask?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Jazz519 how did you know if your creative would fit the questions they could ask?
Thats just a risk you gotta take and if it doesn't you are probably going to have to add in like another paragraph on the spot to make it. That is why I made my creative like around 900 words so if that happened I could add in some stuff to make it fit

A Leaf

HSC
Here's a bit of what I wrote: View attachment 34261[/QUOTE]

woah man your imagery is incredible!!
No wonder you got NINETY FREAKING SEVEN for english! Give me your brain for my hsc next year pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)