Personal Response (1 Viewer)

Sp3ctre

HSC
Hey guys, if we get a question asking for something like "to what extent does this perspective align with your understanding of Hamlet?" (2015 HSC), what changes should you be making to a prepared essay? How many times would you need to refer to your own understanding of the text and would you need to do it for every paragraph? Thanks in advance!

The Doozy

HSC
If it was me i'd refer to it in the introduction, 2-3 times in my bodies (including the concluding sentence) and again in my conclusion.

Cena123

HSC
N/A
When it asks for a personal response would you guys use first person or say "the responder..."

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Nah don't write first person. The essay is your understanding :)

Sp3ctre

HSC
When it asks for a personal response would you guys use first person or say "the responder..."
I thought the whole point of a personal response was to make yourself the responder? But I'd definitely use first person, I was just wondering how often you needed to use I-statements.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Nah don't write first person. The essay is your understanding :)
Wait so you're saying we don't use first person in a personal response? Because our teacher said otherwise. How would a personal response differ from an essay if we didn't use first person?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)