jane austen's emma? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
i have 2 read jane austen's emma during these holidays! i wud like 2 know wat is da best way 2 read it so dat i retain the important things in my memory till my hsc !

pls advice soon

:cool: :D :)

Pretz

the best way to read it? hmm well i suppose there are lots of things. you'd want some light, can't read well if you're in the dark. to be honest I don't really get your question. just read it and read it again. probably worth looking at some of those study guides after you've read each chapter, to see what you should have picked up from it.

Fi

Watch clueless, then read the novel marking similarities and differences................and read heaps of study guides.
Oh yeah, main technique used is dramatic irony...u should know that while reading.

Last edited:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey i mean wat is da way dat wud help me remember all da imp things n how many times shud i read it?

Fi

Yeah i didn't finish reading it either, i read ........3/4 of it.
If u can, read it twice........ pick out the main incidents, themes and characters.............as you're reading underline quotes that u find relevant.........that's why it would be a good idea to read it twice.

kate

yeh
out teacher wanted us to read it two or three times
i didnt even open our shakespeare

Noelle

I couldn't get past the first volume,
I hated it!

I don't plan on ever reading it, even my teacher said you only need to know about values, themes and context and know the language forms and features and filmic techniques for Clueless.

So just look up notes and critiques on Emma and ask people who've read it for quotes.

HSC
i would actually advise watching the 1995 movie version of Emma, with Gwenyth Paltrow. the hardest thing about Emma is trying to get into it, but the movie ain't that bad, so once you watch it, you'll be able to get into the novel a lot easier.

btw... don't worry about memorising stuff until a couple of days before the exam.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by the wigged one

btw... don't worry about memorising stuff until a couple of days before the exam.
and you want people to pay you for tuition? to memorise stuff for 7 (give or take a few depending on the amount of units) subjects take a while.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Make sure to read it more that once and watch clueless more than once...have a highlighter and higlight all the important qoutes. Make similarities between film and novel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)