Short answers (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Anyone have any quick tips for discovery short answers on how best to approach them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSir

HSC
N/A
I’m a recently retired English teacher . Please see your private messages and I will give you some tips

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone have any quick tips for discovery short answers on how best to approach them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 mark = 1 technique but for the 5/6 markers I usually put like 6-8 techniques (3-4 for each text).

For the 5-6 marker it's a mini essay - quick intro with thesis answering question and introduce the 2 texts you're using, then 2 body paragraphs (1 for each text or 2 integrated ones) then a quick conclusion.

For the short mark ones I usually just either introduced the text quickly and answer the question then used my techniques or just dove straight into techniques (depends how hard the section is - if the texts were hard in reading time I just did techniques mostly because I had to think of what to write more).

Remember techniques in short answer can be as simple as truncated sentences or italics.

Make sure you know a variety of techniques as the more you know - the easier it is to pick the techniques out to write.

You don't really need a concluding sentence for the short markers just end with your last technique.

The key to getting full marks is to understand the key discovery in each text or the key meaning so try and practise this at home.

Hope these helped, they worked for me in trials as I got around 13-15/15 usually

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)