(Year 11) How to study for essays? (1 Viewer)

Patronus03

HSC
N/A
Last year I got a B for one of my in-class essays and A for the other. My essays aren't too bad but my main problem is answering the question rather than just writing down a memorised one. From what I've searched so far are you supposed to prepare a generic response and adapt that? What classifies as a good question to prepare your generic response off? How many quotes and techniques should I memorise? I've only got two essays this year - both in my yearly. How soon before the test should I start preparing an essay and do practice questions?

Ebubble

HSC
Last year I got a B for one of my in-class essays and A for the other. My essays aren't too bad but my main problem is answering the question rather than just writing down a memorised one. From what I've searched so far are you supposed to prepare a generic response and adapt that? What classifies as a good question to prepare your generic response off? How many quotes and techniques should I memorise? I've only got two essays this year - both in my yearly. How soon before the test should I start preparing an essay and do practice questions?
I am in Year 11 too, the way I did it last year(A's), was each paragraph had a topic sentence (the basis of the whole paragraph), a quote(supporting the statement, Technique(used in the actual quote and reason why it supports statement or emphasises the point), thesis answer(?)(A reason why your statement actually answers the thesis question of the whole essay for that certain paragraph) and a conclusion of course. If actually given what you'll write about, I would write a whole essay and memorise(people advise to remember main points...). If not, read as much into the topic as possible and when writing the essay, you can gather up as many arguments or points to answer the question given.

Omg, I can't believe I actually gave advise about this, I usually worry about essays myself[emoji848][emoji18]

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)